Hacking An OPEN SOURCE backup launcher has been created

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
Is there an ideal burn speed to use when burning games, like the previous loader?

I burn Star Wars at x16 it work but freeze some times and burn also at 4x never froze so the slowest speed is better.But for some reason neither one is working I think is a wii problem or dvd but I don't know.

xecutionx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Is there an ideal burn speed to use when burning games, like the previous loader?
You should generally burn any ISO or any sort of 'important data' as slow as possible to reduce errors and make sure all the data is written correctly.

QUOTE(xecutionx @ Sep 27 2008, 05:54 PM) If anyone has complied the new version, care to share it?
Anyone?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nuke said:
"Its nice of that guy to drag my name around in the mud, when i'm strictly against piracy, for the only fact that he can't code. or is too lazy to make anything useful other than piracy loader

he has even edited my original source code read me so it sounds like I wrote it, and have added warez support.

well for sure there will be no Gecko OS releases now in any form.

thanks wiigator. Asshole "
The Wii-scene is starting to turn into a soap serie lol.

I think I'm going to install this, as soon as there is a nice Compatibility wiki, for now, I'll just install Wankiko's.
(And for now, I'm just saving money to mod it:P)

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xecutionx said:
Gaisuto said:
You should generally burn any ISO or any sort of 'important data' as slow as possible to reduce errors and make sure all the data is written correctly.

QUOTE(xecutionx @ Sep 27 2008, 05:54 PM) If anyone has complied the new version, care to share it?
Anyone?

Look one page back the new version is there.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some games just don't work, 56. Like Mario Sluggers works for me (just really really long loading times) but another just gives me the black screen no matter what. If your Wiimote is off and won't turn on at the Black screen, it means the game isn't going to work.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
Hey 56killer. This may just be a coincidence on my end but I swear after the black screen, the game won't load up unless I press a button on the Wiimote...?

Ok I said to say if there were any problems because on my wii I get stuck on the blank screen I never loads So I will check if presing any button will load the game(Sister using Wii)If it works I will re-compile the loader to see if it does the same.I just compile it didn't run into any errors so maybe theres a problem in the loader.Just Maybe.Any button that you always press like the home or +?

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post updated with links to the new version
smile.gif

emitecaps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone wanna guide a noob though how to install this on a stock wii? REad Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ thread so I have a general idea but am not sure what I need from that and what can be omitted.

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been ghosting this form for a while, and this is the first thing that made me join and post on

I really only have one thing to add on this. . .

I haven't tested this yet, but if it works..

The Creator of this... is my hero!

Well done, you're name will go down in history as the first officially released backup loader for the Wii. no disrespect to Waninkoko who has produced some amazing programs, and without whom this probably wouldn't have happened. BUT . . . fame goes to the person who produces results...

just shows that the ability to "Forgive and forget" can make a huge difference.

Cheers

shdwknt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the wiiloader installed..

I took the backuploader.dol and renamed it boot.dol in the apps folder under booter

the app runs but when I tell it launch game - the text gets all blurred and all I can make out is disc id failed.

Now the disc ids where fine in the wiiloader.

What am I doing wrong>?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, I've seen enough of the compiled Gecko OS releases, but where are the compilations of the Windows ISO decrypter and the cIOS installer?

C

Chux

emitecaps said:
Anyone wanna guide a noob though how to install this on a stock wii? REad Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ thread so I have a general idea but am not sure what I need from that and what can be omitted.

Same here, I have the updated .dol, and know how to install wads and stuff but I've never messed with backups.

If I were to make backups myself would I Just use nero or something? Once that's done, or I get backups, do I just run the prog and put the disc in?

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
So, I've seen enough of the compiled Gecko OS releases, but where are the compilations of the Windows ISO decrypter and the cIOS installer?
The quick and dirty way would probably be to use the patchme installer and waninkoko's old "patcher" if you are unable to compile the software yourself.

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shdwknt said:

I took the backuploader.dol and renamed it boot.dol in the apps folder under booter

the app runs but when I tell it launch game - the text gets all blurred and all I can make out is disc id failed.

What am I doing wrong>?

same thing happens to me. are you using waninkoko's cios? what did you use to patch the iso? i used waninkoko's cios and his dvd patching tool. maybe thats whats messed up? i might have burnt the dvd at max speed.

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shdwknt said:

What am I doing wrong>?

install dvdx. http://hackmii.com/2008/08/libdi-and-the-dvdx-installer/ run the boot.dol from your homebrew channel. i had did it twice. the first time i selected 'standard install' and it didn't work. the 2nd time i did 'advanced install' and selected 'ios249'. IT WORKS!!!!! time to dance. hope this helped

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated first post in the thread with a Channel WAD that contains the new version of the launcher

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have waninkoko beta it ok i tried this one it works i had problem with mario super sluger got the green screen but now it plays it takes time to load but it plays so good work and thankyou thankyou psycon for the link to get the dol
grog.gif
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night