an offer i got that involves a virtual boy

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Listen guys, please tell me what you think.

This guy i know bought a Virtual boy for like 200$. In a box which is kinda ripped, but the console looks pretty awesome.
Also he got the v-tetris game.

He is offering me to trade for the Majora's Mask Lamp that is currently on Club Nintendo UK.
11174988_10153466999487454_1477319567690781824_n.jpg

I Have already ordered it, hasn't come in yet.
So:

That Lamp + 60$ for Virtual boy in box, with all the cables and a game.
Worth it?
Note: I really really really really want a virtual boy. please don't say it's awful, thats not very useful..
thanks for the help

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trade. If it's a boxed unit in good condition that seems to be a good price. If you don't mind the box, scour eBay first to see if there aren't any good deals available - you might score one for your $60. Remember, VB's are prone to failure, the fact that it works for sure is a selling point.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
6000stars is realy cheap its 2 cds in the club nintendo store... even chibi robot is more expensive, if he is willing to trade a v-boy for that cheap plasitc thing go for it but make shure he doesnt back out first(it takes up to 3months to deliver for nintendo)

Reactions: yuyuyup

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fuck Nintendo, I am still waiting for my two CDs SSB4 OST.
And I suppose that is a valid comment regarding delivery times given I am waiting since SSB4 Wii U was released (Nov. 28 IIRC)

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
And I suppose that is a valid comment regarding delivery times given I am waiting since SSB4 Wii U was released (Nov. 28 IIRC)

Remember, i am getting this from club nintendo of europe. i dont know why but the shipping here is MUCH faster than US

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's a pretty nice deal. It's a great console to play and collecting virtual boy games is a ton of fun. I got mine for $50 with Teleroboxer and Mario tennis, but it's right screen was wacked out. I fixed it, though.
V-Tetris is worth about $20 or so on it's own. Does it come with the AC adapter? That can be worth a pretty penny.
Also, make sure it comes with the original eye cover thing. Without it, playing games can be a pain.

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I think that's a pretty nice deal. It's a great console to play and collecting virtual boy games is a ton of fun. I got mine for $50 with Teleroboxer and Mario tennis, but it's right screen was wacked out. I fixed it, though.
V-Tetris is worth about $20 or so on it's own. Does it come with the AC adapter? That can be worth a pretty penny.
Also, make sure it comes with the original eye cover thing. Without it, playing games can be a pain.

I Will notice everything you said, but yes, it comes with ac adapter.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Do it. People are overestimating the price of the Zelda Majora's Mask lamp which by the looks of it is pretty cheaply made.

I'd do the trade if I were you.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Will notice everything you said, but yes, it comes with ac adapter.
If it comes with the AC adapter, eye shield, controller, and box, it's totally worth it. Go for it! I promise you'll enjoy it.
Games I suggest getting:
Vertical Force
Wario Land
Mario Tennis
Teleroboxer
Panic Bomber

D

Deleted User

If it comes with the AC adapter, eye shield, controller, and box, it's totally worth it. Go for it! I promise you'll enjoy it.
Games I suggest getting:
Vertical Force
Wario Land
Mario Tennis
Teleroboxer
Panic Bomber
Don't forget Mario Clash.

D

Deleted User

I'll sell you mine for $30 New Zealand dollars.
It arrived to me with the case heavily damaged but you could just put the discs and inserts into a blank 2CD case.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would not get the Virtual boy. I had one once and got rid of it 1 week later.
The VB is crap imo.
Unconfortable to play and only reddish graphics. Most games are also not even fun to play.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A great value BUT be warned. I have a Virtual Boy and the lens died on me. Extra money was spent to send it to a repairer in Holland to make sure it works again. It's a meh meh gaming machine but holy crap it's an awesome thing to have on a shelf as a piece of 90's kitsch.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would not get the Virtual boy. I had one once and got rid of it 1 week later.
The VB is crap imo.
Unconfortable to play and only reddish graphics. Most games are also not even fun to play.

But... but... The headaches? The seizures? The neck pain? How could you replace those beautiful memories?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.