An idea is it possible?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by deethebee, Feb 11, 2011.

Feb 11, 2011

An idea is it possible? by deethebee at 1:42 AM (661 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. deethebee
    OP

Member deethebee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SO! I have this idea can i record gameplay from my xbox to pc without a dazzle? i have 2hdmis in my Tv/monitor and i have 1hdmi on each graphics card (2) is there anyway i could record? thanks

-Daniel

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    i believe the HDMIs on your graphics card is HDMI out .
    so no , it won't work .

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    As Splych said, video cards are output. Capture cards don't come with computers willy-nilly. Unless you specifically bought one, you don't have one.

There's no way to do this without a capture card (but it's not like dazzle is the only one out there).

4. deethebee
    OP

Member deethebee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm ok thanks, do u know like best price/performance capture card out there?

5. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    there are LOTS .
    depends on what your budget is .
    a popular choice among many of the gamers on Youtube use the Hauppage HD PVR [which is $200] .
    another person i am subscribed to uses the Blackmagic Intensity Pro/Shuttle [which is also $200] .

both can record in full HD [meaning up to 1080p] . what's great about the Blackmagic is that it has an HDMI input . the HD PVR only has a component input .
    you could also use the EasyCap which is probably the cheapest solution when it comes to recording things with an analog display [$9 over at DealExtreme].

it all depends on your budget, the use for it , and how dedicated you are to using it . you could be the richest person , but lose interest easily and end up wasting $200 on nothing . you should consider going for something cheaper first, like the EasyCap to help yourself get discovered first . after that , move up a little and possibly try the Dazzle which is a more expensive solution than the EasyCap . then finally , move on to something that records in HD like the HD PVR or Blackmagic Intensity .

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No, I've rarely used one.

Do note that many cheap capture cards (especially USB ones) have latency issues, this means that the time between making a button movement and the movement of the character sowing up on the screen will be delayed by up to a second or more. When you're just recording playback this is fine (as it records at full speed), but when you're playing the game as you record it and watch it on your PC (or just using your PC as the screen) it makes most games unplayable. Try to avoid USB ones, unless you're going to split the signal and use your TV as the monitor (so you have a source of a non-laggy view while the PC sits and records).