Hacking an exception ocurred while trying to launch friend list.

Lanc3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone,

I delete one of the friend list titles with FBI and now every time I run friend list from home menu I get this....

An exception occurred
Processor: ARM11 (core0)
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Current process: menu (0004003000009802)

Can somehow fix this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180314_161547.jpg
    20180314_161547.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 222
Last edited by Lanc3r,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I delete one of the friend list titles with FBI and now every time I run friend list from home menu I get this....

An exception occurred
Processor: ARM11 (core0)
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Current process: menu (0004003000009802)

Can somehow fix this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Try booting into recovery mode and updating.

Reactions: Lanc3r

Lanc3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is somewhere a newbie step by step guide how to do this without lose my cfw, games, data etc ?

I'm with luma 3ds Sys 11.6.0.39E and I have godmode 9 v1.4.3.

My New 3DS XL works perfectly if you ignore this thing

Last edited by Lanc3r,

Lanc3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
is it missing the seed?

When I press the friend list from home menu it displays the message in the image.

I guess that this title it was usefull.
the 3ds boot all the games I have.

If you go to FBI->titles you will see that you have 2 friend lists. I delete the second one.

Last edited by Lanc3r,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giodude isn't risky to update the ofw while I'm in cfw?
I guess that the seed is missing because I delete it.
I suggest you read this, I wrote it a few months ago for people who don't quite know what they can and can't do with cfw:
I'm going to say this now so I can copy and paste this into other threads to explain exactly what a cfw is:
Basically, a cfw (Custom FirmWare), is several patches applied to the 3ds OS launched via some sort of exploit (in most cases b9s). These patches range from signature patches (allowing for the installation of CIA files with invalid tickets) to the Rosalina system module that pops up when L+DOWN+SELECT are held. Otherwise, there is no difference between a regular vanilla 3ds and a 3ds with a cfw launcher installed (as a cfw is never really installed. What is really being installed is something that launches a cfw. That's why godmode9 and other payloads can be loaded too). This means that the 3ds can be updated as normal, with no need to worry about losing games or saves. Updating functions just like normal. The same goes for updating games, which is discussed in detail later. In fact, you could install b9s (boot9strap) and use your 3ds like a completely normal 3ds, and there would be absolutely zero difference between that 3ds and a regular vanilla one. The only way to tell would be to send it in to Nintendo.
Due to a lack of account system on the 3ds at launch (Nintendo network IDs were shoehorned in later, and thus don't function quite right), all 3ds games acquired illegitimately (CIA files) function identically to games that were purchased and installed through legitimate means. This means that pirated games can be updated and played online just like normal games. The only exception to this is if the game is from a different region then the 3ds itself. Those games muse be updated via a dumped update CIA file, which are easy to come by.
Lastly there comes the fear of being banned from Nintendo's online services, which for the most part has been blown out of proportion. As stated earlier, a cfw 3ds is no different then a regular 3ds aside from a few patches here and there. This makes it 100 percent impossible for Nintendo to detect a console running a cfw, and thus impossible to ban. Even running games invested via a cia file online are guaranteed to work fine online. Now this isn't to say that bans are impossible to come by. Many cfw users have been banned for unknown reasons. Though not much is known about these bans, there are several things that are known. 1: it is not caused by running a cfw or using pirated games. 2: users who do not use CIA Homebrew apps and instead use Rosalina 3dsx loading have been shown to be unbanned. 3: cheating online or playing leaked roms before they have been released will 100 percent result in a ban. From these clues, it can be concluded that people who simply use Rosalina to load 3dsx Homebrew instead of using custom Homebrew CIA files are nearly guaranteed to be safe from any future banwaves.
Again this might be a bit long to read, but I wanted to get this info out there, and so I would never have to bring this up ever again. People are free to quote this in their own posts if they feel this gets a good point across. I might update this post for updated information and/or spelling corrections. This was typed in the middle of the night on mobile so spelling mistakes are bound to be abundant.
In sum, yes, you can update.

Reactions: DaTank45 and Lanc3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout