"An exception occured Arm9 data abort"

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Deadfalr, May 6, 2019.

1. Deadfalr
    OP

Deadfalr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    France
    When i try to go into a folder with fbi where i put cia in, the console crash and give me the message "An exception has occurred" Processor: ARM9 Exception type: data abort.

Could anybody help me and if need be i can send my crash dump.

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Maybe corrupt .cia file...The version you're using is maybe incompatible with your version of luma. Try to get the latest version.

3. Deadfalr
    OP

Deadfalr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    France
    I'm already using the latest version of luma, it's just when i try to go in the folder where my cia file are in with fbi, the console crashes.

4. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    What are you trying to install? Which version from fbi is installed? What is your actual running firmware version?

5. Deadfalr
    OP

Deadfalr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    France
    I don't even have time to install anything, i just open my folder where i put cia and it crashes, i'm on Sys 11.9.0-42E with the latest version of fbi (2.6.0).

6. Deadfalr
    OP

Deadfalr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    France
    Okay so i deleted some stuff off the folder and i discovered something. If you open a folder with something like a corrupt cia, it can crash your system.

7. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    I dont think so. When you try to install it, it will crash i think.

8. Deadfalr
    OP

Deadfalr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    France
    No i know what i was doing, i was just opening the folder and it crashed my console. I deleted a few cia's and it started working fine and i could access the folder again.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted