OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm following this guide:

http://switchguide.xyz/

After launching atmoshphere from hekate, it starts loading the kips then atmosphere boots. After that I get an error message "An error has occurred." Does anyone here have any idea why this might happen?

CEVSVpz.jpg

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Remove the ftpd kip, try again.

I vaguely remember, that I had this or a similar issue when following this guide myself. Thats why I mentioned three times (thats 3 in numbers) in my own little writeup not to install the ftpd kip the tutorial is providing you.

Otherwise fine tutorial. Just a bit too millenially on the "lets also install 4 random apps for no reason" - ups, one of the kips isnt compatible with the new Atmosphere builds anymore - guess I dont tell anyone in the tutorial, approach.... ;)

Should be a minor issue like that. The tutorial itself is fine. (Apart from that. ;) )

Its also one of the only ones that doest have you rely on sdfiles packages - because we all know how well that goes... (I installed current package, not i dont work - internet, please play repair guy for me..)

Also doublecheck your steps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also - wrong forum.

Last edited by notimp,

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got that on the first boot after i updated to 0.7.4. It was working fine on 3, however i rebooted reinjected and reloaded and everything was fine again.

I updated my files from the github and haven't updated my SD files yet.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Atmosphere is "self contained". Apart form what you get in the github package there are only (f.e. kip) patches, and thats it. There is no "dependency" on anything thats in sdfiles or the like.

Well, apart from hbloader and hbmenu - but those dont play into the "getting it booted/running" stage.

The entire idea of people recommending kip patches by linking random github projects, or downloading recommendations from discord is insanity in motion though.

If you have something - that can modify the os on a "we are patching system files via modules during boot" level, you better make sure that the author of that stuff, is not some random coder from the backalleys of the interwebs, that hasnt even set up a public presence where people could get together, if stuff goes horribly wrong.

And if you are choosing kips via word of mouth or "because some guy recommended some to you" - there is something deeply wrong in that as well.

The good part of that is, that atmosphere is actually only a few files. So troubleshooting the install shouldnt be that much of an issue.

If the patches get loaded, thats already part two of the bootloader in action - so it really comes down to kip patches, or damaged files, or something along those lines.

Also it shouldnt be an intermittent issue either - for that I had too many flawless boots into Atmosphere all the time (also on the current 0.7.4).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and yes - and once more -- dont do your first install from a MacOS system, maybe. Probably. It helps. ;)

(Folders could get an archive bit set, that would make them show up as single files from the switches point of view. Try to prevent that if you can - later on, you have an option in hekate to fix that for all file sin the /switch subdirectory - so your daily file transfers are much less of an issue - but for initial setup - hedge your bets. :) )

redkeyboard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never seen that error before. Maybe its because of the guide you're following :P

Anyway I personally recommend following this guide: https://www.sdsetup.com/

lol. That was easy. I just went for the hoarder package and everything is working fine now and I have tons of stuff haha! Thanks everyone. I haven't been in this scene since the Gateway 3DS was popular way back then. Having something simple like this where I can get things installed without worrying about all the nitty gritty details is nice.

Reactions: Draxzelex

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Some days - I hate the world.

Insert 10.000 characters text about "packagers" being a nuisance, an people going full dependency into "what packager packed me today", being a detriment to everything good and proper in the homebrew world.

The entirety of atmosphere, and I counted it, is 6 files in 4 folders. fusee-primary.bin is a seventh file.

With atmosphere already loading kip patches, the entire hekate setup an two of those files at least were already at their correct spots.

But now the world has another happy customer for a package that came with so much free stuff. Also he couldnt confirm if it was the ftp kip, he just copied package, and now we'll never know. And he has learned nothing.

He copy and pasted a thing. Now he's happy.

Probably copy/pasted wrong before. Maybe has a corrupt file system. Who cares. Now he has a package - so hes happy.

A good tutorial got slammed without a reason. Who cares. Its never their fault.

He even went for the hoarder package! So much features! Free! Stuff. It was so easy.

edit: Rorschachs opening monolog from The Watchmen: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/rorschachs-opening-monologue-237021/ -- for character building purposes.

"I dont want to understand how it works, I just want it to work." "And if it breaks?" "I'll just ask for help online." (Then go with hearsay and whats easiest.)

Thats the service experience. Always go with most easy, never be able to contribute anything. Hoarders package. Good night.

Last edited by notimp,

redkeyboard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some days - I hate the world.

Insert 10.000 characters text about "packagers" being a nuisance, an people going full dependency into "what packager packed me today", being a detriment to everything good and proper in the homebrew world.

The entirety of atmosphere, and I counted it, is 6 files in 4 folders. fusee-primary.bin is a seventh file.

With atmosphere already loading kip patches, the entire hekate setup an two of those files at least were already at their correct spots.

But now the world has another happy customer for a package that came with so much free stuff. Also he couldnt confirm if it was the ftp kip, he just copied package, and now we'll never know. And he has learned nothing.

He copy and pasted a thing. Now he's happy.

Probably copy/pasted wrong before. Maybe has a corrupt file system. Who cares. Now he has a package - so hes happy.

A good tutorial got slammed without a reason. Who cares. Its never their fault.

He even went for the hoarder package! So much features! Free! Stuff. It was so easy.

edit: Rorschachs opening monolog from The Watchmen: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/rorschachs-opening-monologue-237021/ -- for character building purposes.

"I dont want to understand how it works, I just want it to work." "And if it breaks?" "I'll just ask for help online." (Then go with hearsay and whats easiest.)

Thats the service experience. Always go with most easy, never be able to contribute anything. Hoarders package. Good night.

lol what is wrong with you? relax a little bit there's more to life than this. In the time it took you to write this edgy post I got my setup working and got to play tetris. That's all I wanted to do. If everyone took the time to understand how everything they use works nothing would get done.

j00manji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used the SDsetup site and I got the same damn error. Really dont know what to do about it. dont want to download EVERYTHING...

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
means some of your kips and/or exosphere don't have the same version as each other. delete atmosphere, bootloader and modules if present and try again. some people who got this error got it because they copied Atmosphere's release zip straight over Kosmos (SDFiles) which you totally can't do and still use Hekate - all the kips for Atmosphere are bundled into fusee-secondary, to do that you'd have to build Atmosphere yourself and replace all the kips manually which works fine.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
means some of your kips and/or exosphere don't have the same version as each other. delete atmosphere, bootloader and modules if present and try again. some people who got this error got it because they copied Atmosphere's release zip straight over Kosmos (SDFiles) which you totally can't do and still use Hekate - all the kips for Atmosphere are bundled into fusee-secondary, to do that you'd have to build Atmosphere yourself and replace all the kips manually which works fine.
How do you compile the atmosphere modules/kips.

Links2586

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have this same issue and the system doesn't boot. FAT32 formatted, everything was working until a new icon appeared on my system and asked me to update my sd files. I've deleted everything and grabbed the files from kosmos. error still exists...this was a message to myself to just stop updating.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. Now he can t get into cfw with atmosphere. says he s using newest version. He tries to load atmosphere, after switch log and nintendo logo he gets error screen: error 2162-0002. then black screen i think. Weird thing is, he can boot up into ofw somehow fine. Thought that was impossible as choidujour forces autorcm. In ofw now his gms want updates. And supposedly can t restore his nand backup. I think its from older fw. Is he screwed. can he get back into atmosphere?????

Zer0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. Now he can t get into cfw with atmosphere. says he s using newest version. He tries to load atmosphere, after switch log and nintendo logo he gets error screen: error 2162-0002. then black screen i think. Weird thing is, he can boot up into ofw somehow fine. Thought that was impossible as choidujour forces autorcm. In ofw now his gms want updates. And supposedly can t restore his nand backup. I think its from older fw. Is he screwed. can he get back into atmosphere?????
did he update with the autorcm enabled though?

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did he update with the autorcm enabled though?
thnx for the reply. Honestly. I am not sure 100% if he enabled autorcm. He should have and choidujournx does it for you by default anyway. Weird because he was somehow able to go back into OFW when the micro sd was out. Regardless I managed to fix it for him. He lost exfat support. He must have choose the option on the left side. 6.2 without the exfat support. I got him to format micro sd to fat32. update atmosphere to newest version and then atmosphere finally loaded. Then he just updated again and made sure to choose the right side option, 6.2(exfat). so all is fixed. It took a while because we are in different countries and were using discord. In person I m sure I d have fixed it pretty quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over