Hacking "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn t

sethosayher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I send in my DSi for repairs (to nintendo of america), as my left shoulder button isn't depressing properly. My Acekard works fine. Then I get my DSi back today, and find the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off.." Whenever I press the Acekard 2i icon. I can't even load into AKAIO. My question is this: Is this probably the result of the firmware upgrade or is it a physical issue with the card?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it shows up on the menu which I think it does but I am sorta confused by your post, then I don't think its blocked
smile.gif

sethosayher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.4U, the newest firmware.

To clarify, the Acekard Icon shows up on the DSi menu but when I click it I get a blackscreen with the aforementioned message.

sethosayher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
If your DSi is on 1.4, you can't run flashcards at the moment. The EZ Team has a fix but it's unreleased still...

I know that much but I wanted to make sure that my error is the result of the firmware block as opposed to a physical defect on my card...i.e, does the error message I get similar to the errors that other people with updated firmware have? If no one else with the 1.4 firmware gets the "An error has occurred" message then I might have to buy a new card...and that would suck ass =p

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
sethosayher said:
So I send in my DSi for repairs (to nintendo of america), as my left shoulder button isn't depressing properly. My Acekard works fine. Then I get my DSi back today, and find the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off.." Whenever I press the Acekard 2i icon. I can't even load into AKAIO. My question is this: Is this probably the result of the firmware upgrade or is it a physical issue with the card?

are you so noob all people know about the flash block first look on the version noob

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
sethosayher said:

are you so noob all people know about the flash block first look on the version noob

Noobs aren't allowed to call other noobs noobs.

And yes, it most likely IS that they updated it for you. Which, to me, is shitty.

sethosayher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
sethosayher said:

If you paid attention to what I typed, you'd see that I also knew about the firmware block - but I wasn't sure if my nonfuctioning acekard was the result of the firmware or because the actual card itself was defective somehow. Which is why I wanted to know if other people got the same message I did when I tried to access my card.

I don't understand what compels such rudeness on these forums.

jugon

Trophies
XP
Country
If the following error message appeared in your DSi or DSI XL: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off...", It means that your Nintendo has been updated (by the Internet) to the version 1.4.2 (or 1.4.3) or you bought it updated. In this case your DSi XL or DSi doensn't work with any flashcard in the market.

If you don't have an updated flashcard, the solution requieres both "updating the kernel of your flashcard" and also "patching it". this is explained in detail here. I hope it helps you -
smile.gif

sethosayher said:

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Aug 12 2009...

It's good that you're trying to help people out but using "View New Posts" will give recent threads so you don't bump old ones.
wink.gif

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have one dsi sitting next to me now, with the same problem, no R4 of any kind, wifi seems working, yes it took a fall once, any ideas in 2018 ?
(no need to make new threads)

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one dsi sitting next to me now, with the same problem, no R4 of any kind, wifi seems working, yes it took a fall once, any ideas in 2018 ?
(no need to make new threads)
Did you not read the thread? You just bumped it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)