Hacking An error has occured...

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you run the option to Check you IOSs and post the resulting wiimod.csv? Just to clarify, when you run nintendo's channels like shop and internet or wiiware it displays that error "[...]Press the EJECT Button, remove the[...]"? Is there even a Disc in your wii? What about other peripherals, GC Memcard? What system menu are you running? I see something about 4.3 is that E? U? J? Any other issues like can you access the normal Wii Settings?

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem you are having. All homebrew works fine, but none of the official channels work.

I even tried formatting my nand with Nand formatter which put it to 4.1 then i ran modmii and updated to 4.2 choosing to install everything, still didn't work.

I am currently trying to get SNEEK to run and gonna see what happens when i run stuff from it. Ill update when i get results

EDIT 1: Also note that my dvd drive doesn't work either, unlike yours however mine wont even take a dvd inside

EDIT 2: i tried a sneek installation using modmii and got the same results, plus whenever i tried to setup my internet connection i got an error
QUOTE said:
"Error Code: 110213 There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service. Please try again later."

Sometimes (on the real nand) i can get channels working by repeatedly trying to open them, about once every 10 times or so and it would start. It seems random timing or whats connected doesn't effect it.

Insert_Coin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
jskyboo said:
Could you run the option to Check you IOSs and post the resulting wiimod.csv? Just to clarify, when you run nintendo's channels like shop and internet or wiiware it displays that error "[...]Press the EJECT Button, remove the[...]"? Is there even a Disc in your wii? What about other peripherals, GC Memcard? What system menu are you running? I see something about 4.3 is that E? U? J? Any other issues like can you access the normal Wii Settings?
I ran Wii Mod - Check IOSs, then marked "Check IOS info" and "Output IOS csv" with "1".
This is wiimod.csv which i've got - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nw2chfvxbzd4ooa

Yes, when i run nintendo's channels or wiiware, i'm getting this error asking me to EJECT inserted disc. Even if i disconnect both cables from my wii's dvd drive.
When the drive is connected but nothing is inserted, i can at least get to the Wii System Settings. If i try to insert any DVD (tried Super Smash Brothers Brawl (NTSC region) and Dragon Quest: Swords (PAL region)), my wii displays the error about "please eject the disk" - asking the same but looks a bit differ from which error i'm getting while trying to run wiiwares. I don't press anything, this error appears right after i insert a disc....

Only SD card is inserted

My System Menu now is 4.3E (PAL)

I can access any menu on my wii except nintendo channels and wiiwares....

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well among others you seem to be missing IOS 9 and 13, both of which wiibrew has marked as still active. I don't know if they are used that much that it would cause this behavior but worth checking out. I didn't look at all of the missing IOSs in detail as most of them were old system menu IOSs like 30 which you you don't need but you may be missing a couple others that are needed.

@Skittles1987 I would need the answers to my last post to tell you much more as well.

I think that likely the issue you two are having is related to missing needed IOSs, I just don't know which because I haven't seen this problem before.

Insert_Coin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
jskyboo said:
Well among others you seem to be missing IOS 9 and 13
hmm, when i run "IOS, BC, MIOS" from Dop-Mii, it tells that i have IOS9 (v1034) and IOS13 (v1032) already installed...

I just tried to reinstall them from Dop-Mii, it downloaded something from NUS and installed them. Turned the wii off and on again - same error >.< Maybe i've missed something or made everything wrong?

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 9 and 13 not showing correctly in the csv is likely a bug in Wii Mod which I'll fix in the next version. So it seems like you said Wii Mod seems to think you have all the IOSs and you have already changed sys menu so it isn't likely that. I realize you probably have already searched about 10x as many times as I have but from what im finding on this issue is no one has a clear answer for it. Some people say it is because they have dirt in their wii and using compressed air fixes it. Some say it is a faulty dvd drive but that should have no affect on wii ware and you have tried disabling the drive. Some have even said just turn your wii horizontal and well that sounds more like a voodoo fix than really understanding what the problem is, but who knows maybe worth trying since its easy. But the only resolution I have found people had for this was to send it in to nintendo to fix it. Someone even said they were no longer under warranty and nintendo still sent them a replacement wii.

How long have you had the wii? Did this suddenly start happening when you changed something or did it seem random or has it never worked? This may be a problem that just cannot be fixed with software. If software is what broke it (like installing a bad IOS), you should be able to fix it by just replacing that IOS but knowing which is causing this would be hard to find. Some would suggest dumping everything and reinstalling all of them again to fix it, but I'm really not sure if that would do anything as this may not be software related.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skittles1987 said:
here is the results of the ios check from wii mod with both options set to 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?21d0llbrbik5lxa

I have even tried to load wiiware with triiforce and it gave the same error.

Also if i get it to load when i return to the wii menu, using the home button, the wii will lock up after about 2-3 seconds.
Well i don't know if this is your issue but you have a lot of modified IOSs. Im not sure if it is Darkcorp or from a ModMii install or something I just can tell that they are modified. Anyways most seem like they are a modified versions of what is meant to go there or another system menu IOS,
80 looks like it is a modified version of itself with fakesign, esIdent, nand and addticket vers check patches,
50, 60, and 70 look like they are modified versions of themselves with fakesign, esIdent and nand patches,
30, 20 and 11 look like they are modified versions of 60 with fakesign, esIdent and nand patches,
21 and 12 im not really sure but they aren't clean IOSs.

Now it could be all you need to do is replace these IOSs with fresh copies, but Im not sure if that would actually fix it or not. 12 and 21 look particularly strange, you might want to start with them. Also note, if you plan to do that, unless you have changed it IOS 70 is your system menu IOS and if something goes wrong while replacing that you can brick your wii. So it would be better for you to save that one for last, if you have replaced all the others and still have problems then try 70. I hope this helps you.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
Skittles1987 said:
I am having the same problem you are having. All homebrew works fine, but none of the official channels work.

I even tried formatting my nand with Nand formatter which put it to 4.1 then i ran modmii and updated to 4.2 choosing to install everything, still didn't work.

I am currently trying to get SNEEK to run and gonna see what happens when i run stuff from it. Ill update when i get results

EDIT 1: Also note that my dvd drive doesn't work either, unlike yours however mine wont even take a dvd inside

EDIT 2: i tried a sneek installation using modmii and got the same results, plus whenever i tried to setup my internet connection i got an error
QUOTE said:
"Error Code: 110213 There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service. Please try again later."

Sometimes (on the real nand) i can get channels working by repeatedly trying to open them, about once every 10 times or so and it would start. It seems random timing or whats connected doesn't effect it.

sounds a lot like the issues with my 'bedroom' wii system

no discs, wiiware or official channels will run. 'eject disc' error every time, yet all HBC apps and emus work. wifi does work however

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wifi works when i boot my wii under normal circumstances, It only has a problem when i try and setup a connection when running sneek.

I have been thinking about taking good a nand backup and converting it to work with my wii and seeing how things go. I just need a good nand to try with.

ZeroMidget

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds alot like the wii I have. Replace the dvd drive and you should be good to go, as people stated in my thread it seems that some WiiWare doesnt like playing without a dvd // with a borked dvd drive.

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That maybe the case, but its not just some wiiware its all wiiware, from the shop channel to netflix. And to top it all off, it works sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"