An alternative to EZClient for GBA roms. (new software)

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by HiddenRambler, Nov 20, 2015.

1. HiddenRambler
    OP

HiddenRambler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    [The ezbridge.dll not found error has been fixed.]

Hi All,

I like a lot of others here have been looking for better alternative for the EZFlash client. I finally managed to write a small program to work with the official EZ4Patch.dll and reverse enginner (most of) the reserved area patching done by the official client.

The software is open source under Apache License at http://github.com/HiddenRambler/EZ4Patcher

I've only tested with ROMs for EZ-Flash IV on an GBA. If anyone else is interested please let how it works out for you. specially if you run into any incompatibilities.

Precompiled binaries:

Latest version: (1.1 with fix for EZBride.dll not found error) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV_DUnv_6kxSHZnQUVDcHU3UXM/view?usp=sharing

Old Versions:
    1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV_DUnv_6kxdXE5alNrVThiWG8/view?usp=sharing
    1.0 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV_DUnv_6kxcjJmRjZFQUp6am8/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by HiddenRambler, Jan 6, 2016
    Jhyrachy, Jubash and zfreeman like this.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Thank you, I'll try this out in the next few days and see how it goes. :)

By the way, do you think you could possibly write an alternative for the EZ FLASH III client with the USB EZ-Writer II hardware? The last version is super unstable, and cart writes fail like 90% of the time due to it's instability.

Last edited by Jayro, Nov 20, 2015
  3. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Let me know if you run into issues. I've uploaded a new version which allow disabling ROM trimming which might cause problems with some ROMs and lets you group the output into sub folders with maximum of 80 files in each folder.

I'm afraid I don't have an EZ-Writer II, which makes it pretty difficult to do anything about it.

Jayro likes this.
  4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Okay, I'll let you know if I run into anything. And thanks for letting me know. I traded my EZ-FLASH III with Writer II (Which is rare I guess because of it's RTC?) for an EZ-FLASH IV just so I wouldn't have to deal with that unstable crap anymore. EZ-FLASH IV is much easier to deal with. :)

5. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Jayro likes this.
  6. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    What about GBATA? I don't remember where I got it; the readme.txt calls it "GBA Tool Advance 0.7a by coolhj"

The GUI is a little confusing, but I've sram-patched a few games with it. It works well in wine, so there is no need for a linux/mac port.

Attached Files:

Last edited by romanaOne, Nov 22, 2015
  7. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    GBATA is a great piece of software, however the official client does some extra patches in the ROM header which apparently is needed for proper saving in certain scenarios.

Also AFAIK GBATA can only do one ROM at a time.

My app can bulk patch ROMs. I used it to patch 2000+ ROMs in one go.

but like I mentioned in my last post all this is moot as the ezgba tool i linked to can do all of that, and can is also cross platform. So it should run in Linux without wine.

8. JoelLouviere

JoelLouviere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2012
    unfortunately, i keep getting an error where it says the program can't find ezbridge.dll when it's CLEARLY in there

9. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Could you post a screenshot? Do you know if you know what versions of .NET framework installed? If you're not sure just tell me the names of the folders you see inside the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder.

10. Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    Could you please fix save patching issues with PocketNES, Goomba, and other Flubby/Loopy/etc type emulators?

11. Jubash

Jubash GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2014
    Brazil
    Same error here, HiddenRambler
    [​IMG]
    The folders in my Framework folder:
    [​IMG]

12. wiewcw

wiewcw GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    Poland
    For me Windows Smart Screen blocked this app

13. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    I've uploaded a new version which should fix this. Thanks to WOMI for reminding me of this issue.

No idea about that. The source code is available so you can always compile it yourself (Visual Studio can be downloaded for free from Microsoft).

Jubash likes this.
  14. Riptide

Riptide Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    First off, tyvm for the tool, it made getting my EZF4 up and running much easier.
    Secondly I'd have to disagree with you on this point for two reasons,
    1. I could not get the latest version of ezgba to run or compile on win7_64. Quite possible this is due to user error, but your program allowed at least me, and possibly other people to patch their roms without the horrible official client.
    2. I'm not 100% certain on this one because I couldn't get it working but based on what I saw of ezgba's source, it does ROM renaming based on the header information whereas yours keeps filenames intact. I much prefer the latter and if the EZF4 gives me some issues due to long filenames I'll just write a script to shorten them.

15. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Glad you liked it. I'll fix if any bugs come up. But seems to be working OK now.

16. decayed.cell

decayed.cell Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2008
    Er still getting the error on V1.1

17. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Could you post a screenshot of the error?

18. decayed.cell

decayed.cell Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2008

Attached Files:

19. HiddenRambler
    OP

Nov 20, 2015
    Could you try this version?

Attached Files:

20. decayed.cell

decayed.cell Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2008
    That works. I get a virus notification though I'm guessing thats a false positive?