Hacking amiibuddy - Recognizing amiibo on NFC-Enabled Androids

Celeryyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created an app on the Google Play store that can read data from amiibo to determine which figure it is. I'm also working on data backup but I don't want to release that yet due to issues with Nintendo's copyrights.

The app itself recognizes which amiibo is scanned and lets the user set up simple actions to preform every subsequent time it is scanned. I don't personally own every amiibo, but I believe it works with all the ones released so far.

You can check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=celeryyy.amiibuddy

Celeryyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non-US support is a bit limited but it does the European Amazons flawlessly and a few others in the UK like Gamestop, GAME, Gameseek, and the official Nintendo Store.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried that?
There was a project released a few years ago for decrypting Skylanders figure dumps, which quickly got the author in a lot of legal heat with Activision. Also found some since-deleted Reddit posts from one guy who apparently had something similar working for amiibos, but removed all references to it at the behest of his lawyer http://redd.it/2nxm37
Now ofc there's Maxlander, but the pricetag probably puts a number of people off it.
EDIT: And memahaxx's video evidence of spoofing amiibo's via drc-sim, but it's not looking likely that they'll release that any time soon :P

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a project released a few years ago for decrypting Skylanders figure dumps, which quickly got the author in a lot of legal heat with Activision. Also found some since-deleted Reddit posts from one guy who apparently had something similar working for amiibos, but removed all references to it at the behest of his lawyer http://redd.it/2nxm37
Now ofc there's Maxlander, but the pricetag probably puts a number of people off it.
EDIT: And memahaxx's video evidence of spoofing amiibo's via drc-sim, but it's not looking likely that they'll release that any time soon :P
I've done it myself with a Ness amiibo

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Not touching that if I'm going to release on Google Play.

I already got a letter from them saying the app's logo infringed on copyright; wonder why they said nothing of NFC compatibility. :rofl2:[/QUOTE

There's nothing they can do to stop you from reading them. Is it in the amiibo license agreement that you cant read them on any device then the wii u/3ds? I dont see how they can stop you from reading/writing. Its like them trying to stop you from dumping a cd.... decrypting it is a different story. you dont have to decrypt it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.