Homebrew Suggestion Amiibo Tag Flasher From The Switch Itself.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,516
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey, so I was thinking of ways to really make my switch "stand alone" and still get the full expirence from games that basically require amiibo (i.e. Fire Emblem Warriors) and not have to buy/carry around all the amiibo if I'm on vacation or something. Here is my idea. A simple homebrew app that uses the switch's NFC Reader/Writer to flash amiibo .bin files to amiibo pucks(?) such as the "n2 Elite" and chips like this. Is this a dumb idea? am I the only one who wants this?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I was thinking of ways to really make my switch "stand alone" and still get the full expirence from games that basically require amiibo (i.e. Fire Emblem Warriors) and not have to buy/carry around all the amiibo if I'm on vacation or something. Here is my idea. A simple homebrew app that uses the switch's NFC Reader/Writer to flash amiibo .bin files to amiibo pucks(?) such as the "n2 Elite" and chips like this. Is this a dumb idea? am I the only one who wants this?
We did it with the 3DS, I'm sure we can do it with the Switch too.

D

Deleted User

OP
Android + TagMo + NFC Stickers. tens will fit into your Switch case while you are away.
I would like to do it trough the switch because that is way cooler.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you think it could be "ported" like checkpoint?

PeterGemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds promising. Do you have an idea of how much time and energy it costs to re-write 3DS homebrew for the switch? Genuine question, here.

And does anybody know whether these nfc tags are rewritable?

Last edited by PeterGemp,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are NOT rewritable. But they are pretty darn cheap (especially considering the cost of Amiibo). Rewritable NFC stickers simply do not work, unless I missed something. I use thenaya on the 3ds, so that's what I would look at for porting. Works flawlessly for both dumping and flashing.

Hodorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they are NOT rewritable. But they are pretty darn cheap (especially considering the cost of Amiibo). Rewritable NFC stickers simply do not work, unless I missed something. I use thenaya on the 3ds, so that's what I would look at for porting. Works flawlessly for both dumping and flashing.

They are rewritable. I can overwrite the tag with another amiibo. I'm using tagmoo.

Reactions: OblivionReign

PeterGemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry my fault. I've checked the overwritten tags. They didn't changed.

I have never used amiibo in my life but I did read somewhere that you could store your stats/savegames on there (wiiu).
Wouldn't the same read and write-features apply to the nfc-tags just as much as it does to the nfc-tags built into the base of amiibo-figurines?
I am talking hypothetically here, not regarding an existing homebrew application.

Hodorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have never used amiibo in my life but I did read somewhere that you could store your stats/savegames on there (wiiu).
Wouldn't the same read and write-features apply to the nfc-tags just as much as it does to the nfc-tags built into the base of amiibo-figurines?
I am talking hypothetically here, not regarding an existing homebrew application.
The amiibo has some rewritable parts.(e.g. Smash brother statistics) But the amiibo figure type is not overwriteable. (to overwrite this part of a tag you need an emulator lime n2 elite)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

When you write an amiibo to the NFC, you have to write protect the part that says what type of amiibo it is.

https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo/issues/18

Someone could hack in NFC substitution. So the data is stored on the switch itself and you only use an NFC tag to trigger the virtual amiibo to be loaded.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.