amiibo - Recognizing Figures from NFC Data Pages - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DangitBobby, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DangitBobby
    OP

DangitBobby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm creating a comprehensive list of the 8 byte IDs that are unique to each figure by using the Android app "NFC TagInfo". Since I only own so many figures, I was wondering if the WiiU community over here could help out by scanning theirs so I can compile this data.

The data in pages 21 and 22 is what's required to identify the character, so opening that app, scanning the amiibo, then choosing "Data (HEX)" and scrolling down to the right page are all that's required.

These IDs are stored unencrypted so they can be used for whatever projects anyone is working on (and can't be used for cloning/piracy as these pages are not writable).

The following are unknown:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

The following are known:

Last edited by DangitBobby, Jun 25, 2015
  2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, Squid is that
    Boy is 08000200 003F0402, Girl is 08000100 003E0402, SMB Mario is 00000000 00340102, Gold Mario is 00000000 003C0102, and I can get Silver Mario when it arrives :P

3. DangitBobby
    OP

DangitBobby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Sweet, thanks for your help! I'll update OP.

It's interesting to see that SMB Mario and SSB Mario have different IDs despite no known change in functionality.

EDIT: On second thought, it could be possible that the first page is character-specific while the second is edition-specific, as the Marios all have the same first page. The second one is probably what MP10 reads to determine if he's gold.

4. Mema Haxx

Mema Haxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    The last five bytes don't matter with regards to the basic type.

Also, some you missed.

9f402db8acd716469e5933c03d0ec6326db6da465ea23ee3d43fd27f693b51d4

DarkFlare69, Supercool330 and KiiWii like this.
  5. DangitBobby
    OP

DangitBobby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    These seem to match up perfectly with the others, especially with the third byte representing a separate form like Toon Link's functionality. However, how are they known for sure (particularly GW and ROB)?

The last five bytes (or rather, the next 4) are also necessary to determine which series the figure is from, or for the Gold/Silver variants. The 8th seems to always be 02.

Edit: oh wait i know u

NWPlayer123 likes this.
  6. DangitBobby
    OP

DangitBobby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Bump. Looks like the Yarn Yoshis are starting to come in. Does anyone have them?

7. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    I'm not sure which region is selling them,yet.

Btw, you are missing 2 SSB's Robin and Lucina.

Here are a few pastebins for reference:
    Nintendo Amiibo Character Numbers (WIP)
    http://pastebin.com/TiKK7pss

]Nintendo Amiibo Character Info (WIP) June 2015
    http://pastebin.com/kQk88gNZ

Nintendo Amiibo Character Info (WIP) additions for June 2015
    http://pastebin.com/KAy671ES

And if Mema Haxx could fill in the remaining 5 bytes for a total of 8 full bytes from those missing amiibos that would be helpful.

8. DangitBobby
    OP

DangitBobby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Bump again. Anyone have Wave 5 or Yarn Yoshis?

9. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2013
    United States
    I think I figured out what the different bytes represent in the Amiibo IDs after putting them in numerical order.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XX - Seems to signify the series/franchise the character is from. Smaller series/franchises are grouped together with other ones to save space for other potential franchises.
    Series by Number
    XX - The character's number in that series. For series that are grouped together, the starting number for that series is separated by a fair amount, likely for organizational purposes.
    Grouped Series Starting Numbers and Pokemon
    XX - Represents distinct versions of the same character as well as the one-offs for Retro/Dead franchises that won't have more than one character. Example: Link/Toon Link, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit, Miis, G&W/ROB/Duck Hunt, and the Inkling Squid/Boy/Girl.
    For some reason, Rosalina is 01, even though she doesn't have any other versions of herself.

edit: Rosalina's number might be 01 to account for a future "no Luma" Rosalina figure.

XX - I don't know what this byte is for. It's been 00 for all released Amiibos so far.
    It could possibly be for region before Nintendo decided against region locking the Amiibos. It could also be for color variants of the same figure in a series that isn't isn't a limited/special edition like the Japan/international ROB figure.
    But this is all just conjecture.

XXXX - The Amiibo's unique number. It start's with Mario at 0000 and goes up by one with every different Amiibo. There's 65536 possible slots so there is little chance of Nintendo running out. Special edition Amiibos like Gold/Silver Mario use a unique ID for each figure rather than share the ID with their regular edition counterparts.
    We should probably check to see if known reprints of Amiibos share the same slot number with their first print siblings or not.

XX - The Amiibo's series.
    00 - Smash Series
    01 - Mario Series
    02 - Unknown(Most Likely Animal Crossing)
    03 - Wooly World
    04 - Splatoon Series

XX - Also unknown. It's always been 02 so far.

Last edited by Blazingflare, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    "Blue Wooly Yoshi (YWW).bin" appears to be

00030102 0043 0302

Here is a list from pastebin
    http://pastebin.com/cCK6W7Sb

Do NOT trust any bins you find which say "Amiiqo Pre-Loaded".
    They Many appear to have incomplete data.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_, Aug 5, 2015
  11. EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Killinois
    What's the matter with them? I would like to test them or even receive feedback on which work with Amiiqo and which don't but no one informs me.

12. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Si, what can we do with these? Can we make a phone pretend to be an amibo?