Amiibo Question

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Master Dimentio, Dec 23, 2016.

  1. Master Dimentio
    OP

    Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

    Member
    601
    313
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    With the soon to be release of Poochy And Yoshi's Woolly World coming soon, I'm now noticing that all the amiibos up to now will be compatible with this game. I myself am big on amiibo collecting and would argue I have about 90% of the ones currently available that will be usable in that game. But that leaves about the 10% I don't have....

    Which leads me to my question. In a game like Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World where you have to scan an amiibo to access the special costumes, is there a way to simulate an amiibo scan for an amiibo you don't actually own in order to get the content it provides?
     
  2. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    11,804
    4,988
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can get an N2 Elite, or buy NFC tags and flash Amiibos onto them with an Android phone.
     
  3. Master Dimentio
    OP

    Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

    Member
    601
    313
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Well that's a start. Is there any kind of homebrew advancement that allows such a thing?