Amiibo help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Teoz Benny, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Teoz Benny
    OP

Teoz Benny Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Hi people, I am on rxtools 9.2 amd I want to use some amiibo, Is amiibo stuff working with 9.2 or would I need to update to a higher fw. Thanks

Slashcash likes this.
  2. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I believe that amiibo support was added in 9.3. (in the US)

3. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    Make sure you unlink NANDs before you update emuNAND if you're going to just for amiibo support.

4. Teoz Benny
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks for the replys. My nands are unlinked, I have 2 folders on my sd card etc. So to update I just get the 9.5 update pack for my new 3ds xl eur right, and just use sysupdater?

5. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    Yup. That should work.

6. Teoz Benny
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    I actually got an amiiqo and its arriving tommorow so I just want to be able to use that with super smash bros and a couple of other games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I woud like to collect the actually figures but dont really have enough space with all my other stuff so I got the amiiqo.

7. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
    You are using rxtools on a n3ds. Don't update or rxtools will stopworking as it doesn't support 10.4 yet

8. Teoz Benny
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks yes im aware i cant update past 9.5 on a new 3ds, So thats what I was asking do I need to go from 9.2 where I am now to 9.5 to use amiibo.

Im just wondering what the best program to use to update is? If anyone could help me with thats will be very much appreciated, just grabbing the update files now then I will update once I know the right program to use, I did downgrade from 10.3 but im assuming there is a more stable sysupdater now or something? Thanks again

9. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    use sysUpdater, not safesysUpdater. Put the 9.5 cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card. Make sure you run this in emunand and not sysnand.

I recommend installing sysupdater as a cia and running from the homescreen just to be sure you are in emunand.

10. Teoz Benny
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks bu2d85, I will have a look through on here then for a sysupdater cia.

I might be going blind but I can only find safesysupdater on here? :o. I DID just do a search first.

Is it this version GitHub - profi200/sysUpdater: 3DS offline system updater using ... Thanks

I cant seem to find a cia version of it lol. Sorry if im being stupid just want tk make sure I do it properly thats all.