AMI BIOS Recovery Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Some1CP, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Some1CP
    OP

Some1CP GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    My computer BIOS got corrupted, blah blah.
    So, when I try to restore it using the AMIBOOT.ROM method, described here: http://www.biosman.c...osrecovery.html
    The computer searches for the file and the USB thumb drive lights start flashing. After 5 seconds, the lights stop flashing, and IT LOOKS LIKE the computer loaded the file. But all I see in the screen is a purple screen. I can activate the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock lights. When I press printscreen, it beeps. When I press CTRL + HOME it restarts. I think I've downloaded the right BIOS. My motherboard is the PW-945GCX.

2. Some1CP
    OP

Some1CP GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    nevermind, i fixed it

3. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    And just for kicks, how?

4. Some1CP
    OP

Some1CP GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    lol, I don't know. I tried to flash it with the wrong BIOS, I don't know what happened. Then I tried with the right BIOS, but I let the computer in that purple screen for 30 minutes. Then I tried to restart while holding the DEL button. The power light was flashing ( sign of HDD, CPU activity ) a bit different and it beeped 3 times. I rebooted again and pressed F2. It beeped three times, but I could hear the HDD working. So I changed the VGA cable to different outputs ( onboard graphics board, GPU ) and then I saw the Windows Login Screen. I logged in, and flashed it with afuwin and updated the boot block ( when I flashed with the other file, it flashed the boot block, so i think it prevented the system to recover properly, I don't know how I booted to windows lol ). When I restarted, the power light went blue ( it was red when it was with the wrong file ) and it showed up a CMOS error. I configured the BIOS settings, and rebooted. It booted up normally.