1. one-piece

OP one-piece Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I haven't turn on my DS for a long time. Today i decided to charge it and update it. I updated luma, bs9 and godmode. But when I wanted to do the system update I got this error.

IMG_20210117_212930938.jpg

After searching for a while I found out another cases like mine but I haven't seen a solution. After searching the error code it seems that is the AM Module that is giving the error. I managed to track the cia in a update folder, the same update my 3DS is on. So I tried to reinstall the AM Module but FBI said the it's already installed. Is there a way of overwrite the AM Module cia kinda like to repair it. Or is there other things I can do?

2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    • Have you checked for any kind of error on the SD card first? (You can follow this post for that)
    • Same error occurs when you boot your console without SD card inserted? (It's recommended that you previously put the latest Luma boot.firm onto CTRNAND, as said here).
    • And what about if you enter to the Safe Mode (pressing L+R+A+Up combo while turn on the console) and then try to update from there?

3. one-piece

OP one-piece Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I managed to SOLVE IT.
    But for future reference: I tried everything suggest, SD was without an error. I updated everything by the guide. Even the luma on CTRNAND and Safe mode wasn't working either (didn't crash but update bar got stuck).
    I even tried to update manually with sysupdate (didn't work) and then I do update by batch installing all the Cias in the update folder with godmode9 (I was desperate). But even after installing the last update in the Darth site I wasn't able to further update within settings.

So this is how I solve it: I did the CTRTransder method described in the guide. It said memory was insufficient, but the process continued. I did the script to backup the tiks. But when I tried to reboot I got a arm9 panic. So I was unable to boot anyway. Safe mode didn't update either.

So as everything seems to be lost I restore a previous BACKUP (with older Scripts from godmode9, glad I made a backup of those too). And finally I got it to update. Then I restore the tiks from the CRTtransfer method, but not all games showed, so after searching I manage to find "faketik" and it restored all the missing tickets. So yeah.

Glad I manage to backup all my file systems. Can't stress enough what important is to Backup at the most vanilla state.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Module, trying, update