am i totally out-dated??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dlxowhd, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dlxowhd
    OP

dlxowhd GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    i have been out of the loop for a while.
    i installed cios36rev7, starfall, backup launcher channel (with 002 fix).. and i think that's it.
    when cios corp (?) came out, i didn't pay much attention to it because i like loading backups from backup loader channel just fine.
    but now there is new cios (rev8)? and a lot of new stuff it seems like.
    so should i finally update or should i stick to what i have?

2. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    the new cios is basically for dual layer games, multi disc isos and a few simple updates nothing really major. im with you, backup launcher is fine with me, and while everyone and their mother was having problems with madworld I burnt it and it played fine. I dont care if ninty sees me in backup launcher forever lol its easier than having to get a new ios whenever a new game comes out. the gamecube backup lanuncher is nice tho. Im still waiting for bootmii before i change my ways

3. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    The new cios also includes the 002 fix.... But I see you don't need that.

4. dlxowhd
    OP

dlxowhd GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    i never tried the gamecube launcher..
    do you have the link for it (wad so i can get it as channel)?

5. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1790354 post #10
    if you search around you can find different styles this is the first one I came across using google. It shows theta on the banner but its the newest version Xi you will also need waninkokos custom mios rev 3 (someone correct me if im wrong) you have to get that from http://wii.waninkoko.info/ that'll get you runnin GC backups. Make sure you disable any starfall gc region hacks, because if not real GC mini disks wont show video

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice