Homebrew Am I screwed?

Jipow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I did everything on the 3ds.guide site up to this point https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup section II - updating the system
using a New 3ds xl 11.3
Then like a fool I updated my 3ds to 11.4... Went on my sd card to remove the hacks and after that my 3ds closed itself and now everytime I try to open my 3ds the blue light comes on for 2-3seconds then nothing.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fine to update once your 3DS is setup with boot9strap, which you should have by now which is why your 3DS won't turn on. It looks for boot.firm and if it's missing from the SD, it won't turn on.

Being on 11.4 doesnt mean anything because your 3DS is hacked. The guide clearly tells you that it's fine to update. The guide LITERALLY says to update, so why would you be screwed?

Put all the files back on the SD like you had before and it will work. Continue following the guide, you're nearly finished. The next steps should enable you to turn on your 3DS without an SD.

Last edited by MattKimura,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point your 3DS is fully setup with boot9strap forever, Nintendo can't patch it. There's nothing more to worry about. Luckily 3DS hacks are fool proof and bricking isn't a thing anymore. Simple B9S installation, install FBI, done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up