Homebrew Question alternatives to NXMTP and MTP server?

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've always used NXMTP with no issues until I updated to SX OS 3.1.0 today. NXMPT and MTP server would both crash the switch, and SX OS's own FTP isn't working either with my PC not detecting it.
Are there other alternatives to those two for USB file transfer?
Thank you!

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
thank you, I looked it up and it's for game installation? Does it support moving over files from and to PC also? If not, I have no need of it.

he did say mtp moving files drag and drop yes its a installer + MTP fucntion so yes you can move files but if other
mtp apps dont work on SXOS 3.1.0 this probably wont work too you have to check if it works
Hekate dosnt need CFW to work and it just works - yes for moving files to your sd card "drag and drop"

Reactions: simsimsim

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can use hekate much better then any of these
How does hekate work without CFW? I thought hekate was a thing to boot into CFW?
Indeed nxmtp should work in sx os 3.1.0. It's working on mine. You may check if your PC has the USB drivers installed.
But NXMTP has never been updated, I checked it yesterday thinking there might be a new version but it's still the one I downloaded last year. I was able to use it this morning before updating firmware without issue, never knew about any driver.
Can you tell me which usb driver are you referring to?

Last edited by simsimsim,

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried to download it. windows security went ballistic again lmao

what if I JUST want USB 3, do I have any options but to wait for official Atmosphere to add it back in themselves?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
tried to download it. windows security went ballistic again lmao

what if I JUST want USB 3, do I have any options but to wait for official Atmosphere to add it back in themselves?
Yup, probly you don't have experience to compile current Atmosphere repo which is in wasted state because of tma2 reimplementation going on.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
gotcha. I'm hoping it won't be too long then. USB 2 speeds are painful on this dying ancient computer of mine
Issue is with MTP overhead, not USB. Without much overhead you can get above 40 MB/s on HOS on USB2, but because of MTP overhead you're getting around 20 MB/s max. Dunno if USB3 will change anything in this regard.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way besides MTP to connect to the switch's storage?

If not... what can USB 3 even be used for on the Switch? Ethernet adapter, and...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a