Alternative Source for "mod.zip"..?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by l0cust, Jun 30, 2014.

1. l0cust
    OP

l0cust Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Canada
    Greetings fellow users. I'm sorry for posting a likely to be obnoxious question in the middle of your day, but something has gone awry in my softmodding and I would really appreciate a fix. :hateit:

I've read from two separate sources that the file "mod.zip" must be downloaded and extracted before any more shenanigans can be had with the SD Card (which is to be used in the modding process). The problem is that I've tried to download this file from a couple different sources and it just did not work.

Here's a picture to demonstrate the issue:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know of an alternative site where I can get the "mod.zip" file? I'd be greatly grateful if you could provide one for me. Otherwise, I think I might just bang my head against the wall until this blasted problem is fixed.

Thanks! :bow:

2. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    Just use modmii.

3. gabriel1073

gabriel1073 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2012
    Brazil
    This Works for me

4. l0cust
    OP

l0cust Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Canada

Thanks Gabriel1073...are you aware that you just gave me an url to a malicious site?

5. l0cust
    OP

l0cust Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Canada
    Terrific, thank you. As I use it, do I just follow the promptings? Or is there something else that must specifically be done?

6. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Just run the skin version, start Modmii Wizard and answer all questions.

7. DaMan4169

DaMan4169 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    This link didn't trigger an alert from my AV, ESET's NOD32, which has caught more malicious files (without the false positives) than when I was using Avast or AVG.
    And once I downloaded and scanned the extracted files, none of the 56 files showed as infected.
    It did seem to contain some gamesaves in addition to Bannerbomb.

After taking a little bit of a closer look, that link is just the direct link to the file in the OP. gaberial1073 saw the URL in the screenshot and posted the link to the file you were looking for....

gabriel1073 likes this.
  8. l0cust
    OP

l0cust Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    Canada

How intriguing. My avast software detected a thread immediately. It was probably the external protocol that triggered Avast's reaction. I do appreciate your thorough checking of it, fellow user. It always interesting to receive feedback on the endless faults of technology. :hateit: