Gaming Alternative method for online play

samboni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, if there has been a previous post about this, I apologize. I was unable to find it when I searched.

With the impending shutdown of the Wii multiplayer in 2 weeks, I would like to find out if there is any other way to play multiplayer online without having to go through the official Nintendo servers. If a hacked Wii is necessary, I am fine with that.

samboni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, that's the reason I posted. I've been looking around a bit for the past month to see if I could find anything and finally decided to post here to see if anyone had any luck yet. Since the need for it is now arising for those who want to keep playing online, I see it as very likely someone will figure out SOME way to do it... I just hope it won't be too difficult.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But that's the thing. There still isn't that great a need for it. Let's be honest there isn't a game on the wii worth playing online. MKwii was kinda crap and is being replaced by what looks like a superior version on the wii u and MH3 is already on the wii u.

Keep looking and update me if I'm wrong, but I don't really like your chances.

Plus the other hindrance is actually having people to play against. I don't imagine there'd be too many people wanting to keep playing wii games on an alternative network when better versions are on the wii u with more competition.

EDIT: I forgot smash bros. was online as well. The MKwii comment can be amply applied to this game as well.

samboni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point there laud. If I find anything I'll make sure to post here, but you made a very good point about the necessity not being there with the next versions of the games coming out on WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free