Hacking Alternate to EZ-Flash?

Hidetora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so recently i been looking into restoring backup saves onto my ds carts of pokemon & realize that EZ-Flash is pretty much your go-to cart for this however i was wondering if there's alternate carts that do same thing but cheaper cause EZ-flash is rather pricey especially for a used one.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay so recently i been looking into restoring backup saves onto my ds carts of pokemon & realize that EZ-Flash is pretty much your go-to cart for this however i was wondering if there's alternate carts that do same thing but cheaper cause EZ-flash is rather pricey especially for a used one.

I am assuming your referring to the EZ-Flash 3in1.

EZ-Flash is the flashcart maker's name and brand. As to the fact that there are a few different models, it is best you specify what exact device you are talking about. Nobody here is a mindreader.

The 3in1 been around for well over a decade and had a $20 price point for the majority of that time. It is only recently that it is no longer being manufactured, that the price has gone up to $30 or higher and the sellers of the 3in1 have been dwindling down. If you consider 20-30 bucks "pricey", you might as well sell off your stuff and move on to something else like a 3DS.
If you want to buy it from another user on this site, your going to have to meet the requirements for the trading section.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am assuming your referring to the EZ-Flash 3in1.

EZ-Flash is the flashcart maker's name and brand. As to the fact that there are a few different models, it is best you specify what exact device you are talking about. Nobody here is a mindreader.

The 3in1 been around for well over a decade and had a $20 price point for the majority of that time. It is only recently that it is no longer being manufactured, that the price has gone up to $30 or higher and the sellers of the 3in1 have been dwindling down. If you consider 20-30 bucks "pricey", you might as well sell off your stuff and move on to something else like a 3DS.
If you want to buy it from another user on this site, your going to have to meet the requirements for the trading section.
3in1 isn't around anymore so it's easy to assume he means one of the GBA flashcarts such as the Reform or Omega models.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
3in1 isn't around anymore so it's easy to assume he means one of the GBA flashcarts such as the Reform or Omega models.

Just because it is not sold anymore, it doesn't mean that it is no longer sold.

Example of the 3in1 still being sold: https://www.shop01media.com/en/Nint...-GBA-Expansion-Pack-NDS-Lite-flash-cart-white

That is why I said that the number of vendors is dwindling down.

----

If you live in the US, be aware the shipping for this site will run you somewhere around 30 bucks. If you buy anything from this site, it should be a sizeable purchase to offset the shipping costs.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Hidetora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so did more digging around & was wondering if the Supercard Flash Card Mini (the purple gba with boba fett) can do the same thing as flash cart i mention before?

Last edited by Hidetora,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so did more digging around & was wondering if the Supercard Flash Card Mini (the purple gba with boba fett) can do the same thing as flash cart i mention before?
That flashcart requires you to patch GBA games just to make them work, even then it can't play every single game. The lifespan of that flashcart varies as well. Overall it's pretty clunky and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are a collector such as myself.

Hidetora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That flashcart requires you to patch GBA games just to make them work, even then it can't play every single game. The lifespan of that flashcart varies as well. Overall it's pretty clunky and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are a collector such as myself.
Yeah i but don't plan on playing gba games on it but to restore/backup ds save files & need to know if it's reliable for that reason alone.

Last edited by Hidetora,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The card should be able to do that (if you boot it in DS mode via passme/ds flashcart). But you have to keep in mind that it's 2007 tech, so you may have to do manual DLDI patches etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi