Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the "MUST HAVE" games.

EASY MODE: No remakes/re-releases.
MEDIUM: No Pokemon.
HARD: No 1st party games.
NIGHTMARE: No profession Layton, Monster Hunter or other well-known titles.

EXTRA CREDIT: Whats the best flash-cart for playing DS games on a 3DS? (something that will work on any firmware if that matters)

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, rinse and repeat. +
di-HBTQ.jpg
for ultimate POWER.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a shame, since OOT is still one of the best games on the system, with a lot of improvements over the original. Just because it's a remake doesn't make it not worth having.

You realize this is a Nintendo system, right?

redundant if you don't allow 1st party

So you only want obscure stuff no one's ever heard of? I'd like to help, but I haven't heard of any.

EXTRA CREDIT: Whats the best flash-cart for playing DS games on a 3DS? (something that will work on any firmware if that matters)

UltraMew is right, DSTWO is the only flashcart that matters for playing DS on 3DS.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country

EASY MODE: No remakes/re-releases. No tales of the abyss for you then. The best tales game that was so good, it became rare to find for a while
MEDIUM: No Pokemon. Who doesnt like pokemon?!
HARD: No 1st party games. Dont know what this is exsactly but a quick google search suggests by doing this you lose Mario kart 7, which is ridiculous.
NIGHTMARE: No profession Layton, Monster Hunter or other well-known titles. I agee with layton but denying yourself Monster hunter 3U (my vote for fave game on the 3DS) is madness

EXTRA CREDIT: Whats the best flash-cart for playing DS games on a 3DS? (something that will work on any firmware if that matters) - No idea, sorry.

Other games that are deff worth it

- Resident evil: revelations
- Virtue's last reward
- Fire emblem: awakening

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EASY MODE: No remakes/re-releases. Fine. FE:A, AC:NL (if you're into it), Pokemon, MH3U
MEDIUM: No Pokemon. Above, minus Pokemon.
HARD: No 1st party games. AC:NL (if you're into it), MH3U. Prof. Layton also. You're starting to deny yourself here.
NIGHTMARE: No profession Layton, Monster Hunter or other well-known titles. "I don't want to play well-known excellent games! I want my obscure ones now!!"

EXTRA CREDIT: Whats the best flash-cart for playing DS games on a 3DS? (something that will work on any firmware if that matters)Supercard DSTwo ($40) or R4i Gold if you're on a budget (usually $20 or cheaper) [/quote]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Disregard the naysayers, it's perfectly reasonable to dislike Layton, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter and other overly worshipped franchises.

Having your criteria in mind, I ended up with:
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Resident Evil: Mercenaries
  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Heroes of Ruin
  • Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
  • Rayman Origins
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4
  • Etrian Odyssey 4
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Sonic Generations
  • Lego games of all-sorts, including LOTR, Batman, Undercover etc.
  • Tekken 3D Prime
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
...however considering the fact that you have no interest in Nintendo's franchises, you might actually want to consider a PSVita - it'll probably cater to your tastes better. The 3DS has more games, but arguably the bulk of them will not appeal to you.

As far as a DS-Mode flashcart is concerned, get a DSTwo if possible, R4iGold (R4iDS.cn) if not.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disregard the naysayers, it's perfectly reasonable to dislike Layton, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter and other overly worshipped franchises.

Having your criteria in mind, I ended up with:
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Resident Evil: Mercenaries
  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Heroes of Ruin
  • Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
  • Rayman Origins
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4
  • Etrian Odyssey 4
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Sonic Generations
  • Lego games of all-sorts, including LOTR, Batman, Undercover etc.
  • Tekken 3D Prime
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
...however considering the fact that you have no interest in Nintendo's franchises, you might actually want to consider a PSVita - it'll probably cater to your tastes better. The 3DS has more games, but arguably the bulk of them will not appeal to you.

As far as a DS-Mode flashcart is concerned, get a DSTwo if possible, R4iGold (R4iDS.cn) if not.

you basically just gave a list of non first party games, not all of them are actually fun to play wtih

I don't get, are you trolling or something?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you basically just gave a list of non first party games, not all of them are actually fun to play wtih
There's a megaton more games out there for the 3DS - I gave a list of those that would interest me, even if only mildly, and narrowed it down using the given criteria.

These are all big name titles from big name developers like Square-Enix, Capcom, Ubisoft, SEGA, Namco and the likes, with the possible exception of VLR, depending on whether you treat Chunsoft as a "big name developer" (they are in Japan, outside of it? Not so much). You're making it sound as if I posted a list of shovelware.
I don't get, are you trolling or something?
He just doesn't like the same games most 3DS users do...?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe we should point him toward the Nokia N gage and save us the trouble
Considering the fact that I was a Nokia N-Gage owner as well as a Game Boy Advance owner and I basked in glorious full 3D when Nintendo peasants were "amazed" by MODE7 I can openly state that perhaps that's not a bad idea - I had fun with it at the time. :P

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a megaton more games out there for the 3DS - I gave a list of those that would interest me, even if only mildly, and narrowed it down using the given criteria.

These are all big name titles from big name developers like Square-Enix, Capcom, Ubisoft, SEGA, Namco and the likes, with the possible exception of VLR, depending on whether you treat Chunsoft as a "big name developer" (they are in Japan, outside of it? Not so much). You're making it sound as if I posted a list of shovelware.

He just doesn't like the same games most 3DS users do...?

Honestly, there are barely any good third party games so I have no clue about what your talking about. Just try naming more third party games that anyone wold find interesting.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly, there are barely any good third party games so I have no clue about what your talking about. Just try naming more third party games that anyone wold find interesting.

Tastes are not a matter for discussion, really. You like first-party games and think that there are barely any good third-party ones - good for you. He prefers thinks the other way around, so I named a couple that he might like. They're not all masterpieces but they got positive reviews so that's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol