Almost All Details DSI

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Shichibukai, Oct 6, 2008.

Oct 6, 2008

Almost All Details DSI by Shichibukai at 5:33 PM (3,910 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. Shichibukai
    OP

Member Shichibukai GBAtemp Regular

Spain

2. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Great link! Thanks!

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I should've known this earlier, I've actually watched the whole conference (in English). Oh well... Interesting read, thanks for the tip.

4. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    kewl ! I really want a DSI now... I wish that it could be region free for the games at least and sport an multilingual interface... I want to import one for christmas now that I know it will support WPA x.D

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    More people need to see that site, it clears up things like the camera resolution (they're both 0.3mp)

6. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    *Sigh,* why do they want to make it so thin? Because of that, there is no GBA slot... [​IMG]

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Omg, it supports WPA now?! if so, then I KNOW I'm gonna get a DSi.

8. pasc

Germany
    yep WPA ^^ I want it even more now too xD, damn Nintendo for delaying it over here in europe... maybe I should import it if it comes out in NA ?

9. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    Is it just me or is nintendo turning into a shell of it's former self? I keep waiting for them to announce something that I can get excited about, but... they just aren't. All those years of rebutting claims that Nintendo caters to kids and now I'm starting to think it's becoming true.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I'm a 21 year old man; do I need one of these then or...?

I'd be less critical if the few non-"kid/soccer mom" titles that they are offering, atleast looked promising. I don't know, seems like they are just phoning it in. What makes the new Animal crossing new? It has a city section, where you can get your hair done... [​IMG] Why nintendo?

At this rate, I'm actually glad they aren't making another Zelda. It would seriously hurt my inner child if I had to endure the image of Link watering plants, singing to fairies or any other bastardized attempt at mass-marketability at the expense of nintendo's once cherished commitment to quality.

10. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    The funny thing about this, you refer to nintendo being awesome when you were a kid but now you're bummed out that all nintendo does is cater to kids...
    This is what kids want. They don't want awesome gameplay. This is the age of uber 3d graphics... When you were a kid there probably was nothing else.
    8-bit vs the photo realistic graphics of tomorow... What do you think kids will go for?

11. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    oh wow, now i want it a heck of a lot more than before. before i just wanted it because im a geek who loves nintendo oh so much. but now im like, really interested! I first got the cyclo for all the homebrew! but now a flashcart is useless unless you want to pirate/keep games organized. and still, i barely play games on my DS because i animate and play music more!

12. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    The answer's in the question. It's probably less a matter of making the DS thinner, and more a matter of removing the GBA slot. By removing the GBA slot and adding an SD slot, Nintendo guarantees themselves renewed sales of old GBA games...games they've already sold a ton of. Sure, they'll likely be priced at around $8 each, but when you can sell 100k-1 million copies for $8 a piece that would otherwise go out of print and be forgotten about -- damn, it's a pretty smart strategy. So, they resell us basically the same hardware we already own, with some improvements that are nice but unnecessary, and then also sell us old software many of us already own on GBA carts. Typical Nintendo.

13. pasc

Germany
    add to that that some of those gbagames aren't available anywhere except on ebay and you got something.

14. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I wouldn't know why people would use their DS as an Music player... But I wonder why they're doing the AAC thing again when more people seem to use MP3s.

15. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No licenses are needed to use AAC, licenses are needed (that means more $$$ out of Nintendo's pocket) to use MP3.

16. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    AAC is better anyway, quality wise.

17. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I thought AAC came with some sort of license fees, as well.

18. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I like it, the the opera browser is way faster then the cartridge one. But I don`t get, why they implemented bigger screen. Doesn`t that result in a less sharp picture...

19. pasc

Germany
    no.. the original DS games (and the ones that work on the old DS's) will have a black border, and the DSi exclusive titles are made for the DSi specifically.

20. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm sorry, but I didnt see anything that suggested that the DSi's screen were of a higher resolution. Did I miss something. They are bigger, but will be the same number of pixels.

Did I miss something?