Allies Fire Missiles at Libya

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DDG-12%20Standard%20Missile%20Launch.jpg

President Obama authorized limited military action against Libya on Saturday, saying Moammar Gadhafi's continued assault on his own people left the U.S. and its international partners with no other choice.

"This is not an outcome the U.S. or any of our partners sought," Obama said from Brazil, where he is starting a five-day visit to Latin America. "We cannot stand idly by when a tyrant tells his people there will be no mercy."

Navy Vice Adm. William E. Gortney, director of the Pentagon's Joint Staff, told reporters that U.S. and British ships launched more than 100 missiles on Libyan air defenses in an effort to lay down protection for a no-fly zone. The missiles targeted Libya's defense system, including "surface-to-air missiles sites, early warning sites and key communication nodes."

Gortney said they hit more than 20 sites along the Mediterranean coastline, but the success of the mission, dubbed Odyssey Dawn, was not immediately clear.

The head of Libya's parliament, Mohammed Abul-Qassim al-Zwai, called the strikes "barbaric" and insisted Libya had kept its promise of a cease-fire.

"This aggression will not weaken us," he said.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Gotta wonder what's gonna come of this.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* Why do we always have to fuck with people.....I rather have my home not blowed up thank you....

And I live right near the capital too.....ugh

Well I suppose all tyrants must come down eventually....

If I stop posting here then Americas inability to stay the fuck out of things killed me...

[/Ihatemygovermentrant]

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Fear Zoa said:
TechnoWorm said:
Vidboy10 said:
Lol we both posted 7 mins a part.
tongue.gif

What are you sayiing?!?

He made a similar thread Here

Threads are now merged.
Could you edit the title of this thread to the title of what my thread was called?

QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Mar 19 2011, 10:40 PM)
Great. I wonder who's gonna take Libya's side and retaliate against the Allied forces. Someone's likely to.
Well, Hugo has a really stable relationship with Gaddafi and he condemned the allied intervention.
Zimbabwe, Syria, Belarus, and Algeria gave military aid to Gaddafi as well.

The scary thing is that Gaddafi could defeat the National Transitional Council. If he does, he can get a shit ton more troops to fight against the allies.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
The one thing he can't do is stop the Allies from bombingscratch that, nuking him to kingdom come.

Which, lets face it, could happen.
We would only ever use Nukes as a last resort.....Besides even if we did we would be violating all kinds of restrictions and laws....

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay more war, I wonder how long it will last ? ? ? I wonder what Rummy would have to say about that ? ? ? ? Perhaps "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." Oh, sorry, you Repubs out there don't like it when I bring up the Bush years.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Bombing the army of a tyrannical, insane dictator isn't going to violate any moral laws.

Seriously.
Maybe not moral laws.....but we're still not allowed to use nukes......human rights and all that jazz....

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The title looks messed up now. It makes it look like somebody bombed the shit out of Libya, the US, Canada, the UK, and France. I feel it worked well the way it was before.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said I think this scumbag and his pathetic army should be allowed to live....I just said that no matter how diabolical someone is....people will still defend their right to live......why do you think murderers only get a few years here? .....Its because they apparently have a right to live
dry.gif

No matter how many people you kill....when judgement comes....they will not remember the right to live of all those who fell before you.....only yours

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended