Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
megawalk said:
"Evil Influences" ?
please
smile.gif

technically if my theory is correct. not all people are online players. if this is to prevent ap my theory would be. they would most likely lose 53% of their valid customers.
hacking possibility would increase be 20%
"Evil People" Influences would increase rapidly by 50%
and complaints would suffocate at a 70%
yes...thats the theory...now i wait for a practical situation.
statistics being pulled out of asses 100%

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't really see how this is worse than steam... I mean, If my internet goes out, I can't play my legit copy of "the orange box"... it must have connectoin at all time... and everyone loves steam?

I'm against this shit as hell, but I think steam's just the same

Nekoxid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edhel said:
Like other attempts, this will be cracked. It's the legitimate customers they'll be driving away. Soon they'll be wondering what happened to their customers.

^ This.

This is the reason why I don't buy games with DRM like this.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just read that the new Settlers game, Settlers 7 will be one of many to have this crappy protection when it's released in March. I was actually looking forward to this game too. I won't be buying it now out of principle.
angry.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
couldn't the data be redirected to another private server (or even 127.0.0.1) using HOST file ?
then launch a server that speak with the game and tell it what it want to listen to.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know a handful of OFFLINE legitimate players... this will certainly piss them off

heck as if ubisoft are making good enough games to buy in the fucking first place

seriously what genius came up with this anti-piuracy measure... heck they're just fucking desperate now.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hunt down cracks for all my games anyway, legit or not, so I don't really care about their "protection". I never play games online ever, so I don't feel I should have to be connected to the net 100% of the time just to play a game in singleplayer mode.

Technically, I should actually be fine with this protection as our ISP is pretty stable, is unlimited as far as usage and is always on, but I would still look for a crack before even considering acquiring a game with this protection anyway. It's just the way I roll.

To be honest, I think they are using this more for tracking what people do in games, how long they play in a stretch, stuff like that, more than protecting anything.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
If anything it'll make people pirate them more, its enough arseache installing.Ya, DRM doesn't work. More incentive to make a crack.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Rayder @ Feb 3 2010, 11:16 AM) It's just the way I roll.
Me too, I remove DRM. I mod all my consoles and crack all my games. I want to have the option to play backup games and not even worry about activating.

It's easier to crack than to activate.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
I don't really see how this is worse than steam... I mean, If my internet goes out, I can't play my legit copy of "the orange box"... it must have connectoin at all time... and everyone loves steam?

File -> Go Offline...

Done

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
Issac said:

File -> Go Offline...

Done
That would only work for IE. Each program connects on it's own. It would detect you are offline and act accordingly.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
myuusmeow said:
Issac said:

File -> Go Offline...

Done
That would only work for IE. Each program connects on it's own. It would detect you are offline and act accordingly.
What are you talking about?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
myuusmeow said:
Issac said:

File -> Go Offline...

Done
I was explaining how you can play Steam games without an internet connection.

@below: Isaac and I were talking about Steam, not Ubisoft's new DRM.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sir-Fritz said:
mpg187 said:
myuusmeow said:
Issac said:

File -> Go Offline...

Done
What are you talking about?
If you choose work offline in IE/FF it won't affect the Ubisoft game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder who will survive in prison I wonder who it will be!