all this with mac?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by loon111, Oct 30, 2016.

1. loon111
    OP

loon111 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    hi, i have been doing a bit of reading on here lately, an all is looking great, except for dumping games etc, i have a mac, can anyone send me a link to a guide to dump games an use wud installer an anything related to get it all going please, would be greatly appreciated

thanks

2. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Use a VM or boot camp.

3. loon111
    OP

loon111 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    ok thanks mate, installing parallels now, u think discu will work with an external dvd drive on there? the official mac one?

4. DanTheMan827

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Yes, DVD drives can be passed through to the virtual machine directly

5. loon111
    OP

loon111 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    sorry mate, got windows on parallels now, what program do i use to dump my own games? do you know?
    thanks

6. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    I'd just like to say that I've planned Python ports of the main Wii U tools, so expect to see that soon. (not trademarked, ask @VinsCool why)

hippy dave and VinsCool like this.
  7. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    Give me a moment®

8. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    DiscU.exe runs perfectly fine in wine.

9. DanTheMan827

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    On mac there's wine bottler, that makes things a little easier to work with wine on mac.

Quite a few apps are already written in java though...

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Oct 30, 2016
  10. jmrodrigues

jmrodrigues Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    Install Java SDK and use JNUSTOOL

11. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    Since you asked if DVD drive access is possible through Parallels, and you asked how to dump your own game... You can't dump a game directly from a disc with a normal computer, no one has really figured out how, except the scene releasers who definitely aren't sharing their secrets any time soon. Instead, you could just download your games from "that Wii U ISO site". Using an adblocker is advised. Although, it's pretty useless to download games from there now, what with that Brazilian hack thing...

12. DanTheMan827

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    If you dump your own wup you can install it even if it isn't on the eShop

13. link270

link270 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    I'm on a mac and can do everything just fine. Where applicable use a tool written in Java or Python rather than a .exe, and look into installing wine. It's really pretty easy to use, and most of these applications are simple enough that they work just fine within wine. (when you get it installed it's as simple as typing 'wine (Then dropping the .exe into the terminal window to add the path)' into terminal then it will run.

14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    unless you have any undumped stuff, just use stuff online, it should be the same bit for bit anyway.
    but if you wait a bit i guess soon we will be able to dump stuff to the sd card, instead of on the computer?

and for when you want to get content/dlc/anything to install, osx has python built in so use FunKiiU

15. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    You can not dump a WUD with a computer. You can't dump WUPs either, it's only possible to download them from NUS, thus making your second statement (installing even if it isn't on the eShop) invalid. Tickets, however, can be dumped from the Wii U (not a computer) and can be used to install games from discs and from the eShop.

Last edited by kittensauce, Oct 31, 2016
  16. DanTheMan827

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, I used the wrong term... you are correct, WUD files are 1:1 copies of the disc data...

I never said you could use a computer to dump the disc although I guess that was implied... my bad...

You can however dump the Wii U game disc content using redNAND for installation using wup installer even if there isn't a eShop version available to download the game data for (so you could install games like Call of Duty Ghosts for example)

Sorry for any confusion

EDIT: Maybe you can't dump the game files just yet...

Last edited by DanTheMan827, Oct 31, 2016