All New Setup

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by tapionminoshi, Dec 22, 2010.

Dec 22, 2010

All New Setup by tapionminoshi at 3:47 AM (578 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. tapionminoshi
    OP

Newcomer tapionminoshi Newbie

United States
    Help me pick out my best set up for my needs. I'm an old school rpg/strategy gamer when it comes to consoles (no wii/ps3/360 for me, i'd rather be on my i7). Keep in mind my primary reason for getting this DS+cart is for Mother 3, followed by being able to instantly have a large library of games 'backed up'. I'm sure i'll use the other functions, web browsing and multimedia especially sticking out, but DS/GBA/SNES rom functionality is priority #1.

So, should i go with DSi XL + DSTWO? do i need anything else to get rolling?

Also, does the DSi have anything over the DSlite besides the larger screen size, i.e. anything that would effect the functionality of the snes emulator for example?

2. EvangelionEX

Member EvangelionEX GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    The DSi have tons of things DSLite doesn't have(maybe I'm just exaggerating but...), for example the camera function, editting music and such. I'm not sure if the DSLite has it because I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure the DSLite doesn't have the camera function. DSi can surf web too.

Yeah, DSi XL + DSTWO works pretty well because DSTWO can work on any firmware. But since 3DS in coming out you would PROBABLY want to wait, but that's personal preference. I'm not 100% sure if DSTWO is going to work on 3DS but I'm guessing yes, it would so yeah.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    DO IT.
    Personally i would go with a DSL becuase of the GBA slot still intact.
    Also the "Added" functions of the DSi dont entice me much.
    i dont like the idea of not being able to play my old GBA titles anymore.
    However... with the DSTwo GBA play is possible so thats ok.
    You seem pretty informed already so you can make a decision yourself.

Also RPGS you say?
    Look no further.
    http://gbatemp.net/t219632-ds-rpg-list
    Ive already completed a list for you and i try to keep it updated so you know whats out there to play [​IMG]

4. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    I personally use a DS lite+DSTWO+EZ Flash 3in1
    With this you get
    Perfect GBA Emulation
    Above Average SNES emulation
    Playback of movies like .flv , .avi etc.
    Every single NDS game working without a patch
    However the EZ FLASH 3in1 is only required if you want to improve GBA compatibility a DS Lite+DSTWO still has very good GBA compatibility and most popular games like Mother 3, Pokemon, Golden Sun run.

5. EvangelionEX

Member EvangelionEX GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    DSi would be a better choice because speaking about GBA slot, DSi don't need it IF you got SCDS2. Correct me if I'm wrong here.