Hacking All kinds of SSBB errors

andrijan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just spent 3 hours at my uncles house trying to get SSBB to work. Here's the situation:

- It is only PAL wii's I am referring to

- I have a SSBB iso and patched it with Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH and got it to work on MY wii.
- MY wii has 1.9g and 3.2E

When I got to my uncles house he had a 3.2E and 1.9b

- I updated it to 1.9g
- None of the config disks worked so I tried a hex one (which said I should put the hex in and then the 1.2 or 1.3 in)
- That worked so I turned region overwrite on
- Game still didn't work
- I tried putting the config disk in again, and it said that region overwrite was off (tried it a couple of time, the region overwrite just would stay on)

After trying for 3 hours I had 3 kinds of error during that time:

- The game loads up but after the loading screen I get a white screen
- The game loads up but after the loading screen I get a black screen
- I get the green letters on the black screen error

I've also tried the freeloader, didn't work.

Any suggestions? Could the source of all the be that I can't turn region overwrite on? And why can't I ?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
The config disc doesn't read the current settings from the wiikey. It just displays the same settings every time.

If you've set it to region override, then it's set.

andrijan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The laser problem sounds more down my alley, since he's having trouble reading alot of disks (single layer as well).

And aren't these suppose to be the best DL disk?

edit: How do I go about adjusting the laser? Any tutorial or images I can look at?

VerbatimDVDRDL-5pk-sm.jpg

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is down to your uncles wii laser being unable to read the Dual layer disc properly.

I have a friend whose wii cannot even read any DVD+R only DVD-R.

He gets Disk read error with all +R games and no problems with -R games. He also cant run Smash on DVDR+DL but the exact same disc works on mine without any problems.

Try a different brand and if you did +DL, try -DL.

It sounds silly, but the wii was never really designed to read recordable media, so the laser struggles with some brands.

andrijan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I will also contact the person who moddes his wii to see if he wants the adjust the laser.

Quick semi-related question, I've been looking alot for this, but is the a tutorial for creating a SINGLE layer brawl disk that has everything removed (001 error, update, etc...). I could only find a Single layer tutorial and a NTSC-2-PAL tutorial, but none that combines the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-