Status
Not open for further replies.

Antidote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a well known hacker doesn't make you immune to being clueless, and my points still stand, being able to decrypt the ROMs using the 3DS is all well and good, but it's not exactly something the average user is able to do now is it?
In order for the 3DS to be completely open the keys still need to be dumped, and released. And I can completely understand why people wouldn't want to release the keys, if they have them.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Being a well known hacker doesn't make you immune to being clueless, and my points still stand, being able to decrypt the ROMs using the 3DS is all well and good, but it's not exactly something the average user is able to do now is it?
In order for the 3DS to be completely open the keys still need to be dumped, and released. And I can completely understand why people wouldn't want to release the keys, if they have them.

the old ones, new games implement new keystreams. this is the reason gw 2.x could play ALBW on their betas

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Simple fact is, it's muchief more logical to decrypt them on the 3ds, once it's decrypted there is nothing to stop a decrypted version being released, or down the line there might be a 3ds program designed specifically to decrypt Ron's and output them decrypted, I could make a hack..........doesn't mean the finished product is useless to me because I don't know how it works XD

Antidote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamesquest, that's kinda my point, it's not exactly accessible to the average user, as I've stated quite a few times, we either need tools that can do it on the 3DS without having to do something you normally wouldn't want to do, or have the keystreams released (something I hope doesn't happen), either way the problem is accessibility.

EDIT:
I'd like it if the topic went back to ALBW and not the individual hacking merits of certain members, it's not productive.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamesquest, that's kinda my point, it's not exactly accessible to the average user, as I've stated quite a few times, we either need tools that can do it on the 3DS without having to do something you normally wouldn't want to do, or have the keystreams released (something I hope doesn't happen), either way the problem is accessibility.

EDIT:
I'd like it if the topic went back to ALBW and not the individual hacking merits of certain members, it's not productive.
but the *average* user wouldn't know what to do with a decrypted rom if it slapped them in the face.....until there is some point to it except extracting soundtracks and other somewhat none productive stuff.....why give the average user something when they will then start crying minutes later that they haven't got the tools to make custom pokemanz

but regardless its another thing that will be released at some point, maybe by the current people with the ability or someone else, its good to at least know its possible

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be blunt, you're clueless as to how this works, yes you can use the 3DS' built in AES engine to decrypt the ROM, however that's not useful to the average person when they don't have the know-how nor the equipment. Ultimately the key for decrypting payloads/ROMS WILL HAVE TO BE DUMPED, in order for it to be useful.

except it's not a key that needs to be dumped. you're the clueless one here. the keys need to be fed to a keyslot on the keyscrambler, which is initialized via 2 other keys provided by the bootrom/NATIVE_FIRM. getting the key to decrypt a game is not the same thing as getting the final key that the aes engine uses to decrypt it.(which isn't possible to get at) to actually decrypt a game without using the 3ds you would need to dump the bootrom and aes engine and the keys they use to init the key scrambler.

what mathieulh said is 100% right.

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antidote is anything but "clueless". Haven't any of you seen the projects he has worked on?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Antidote is anything but "clueless". Haven't any of you seen the projects he has worked on?
nope never head of him....care to enlighten us and show his history in 3ds hacking, I'm intrigued , as so far he has came across as a bit of a nob arguing with people who HAVE been looking into stuff and thus are anything but clueless on the situation

but google mathieulh = lots of info on hacks he has been involved in
google antidote = a wine bar :P...even adding keywords like hack,hacker or project didnt turn up with much of anything :)

sanktanglia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also love to see some public info on decrypting a rom with a 3DS. I do alot of file format reversing on my own and would love to play around with some of the 3ds especially pokemon formats

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting back on topic.
Im interested. Isn't the model format similar to that in OOT3D?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also love to see some public info on decrypting a rom with a 3DS. I do alot of file format reversing on my own and would love to play around with some of the 3ds especially pokemon formats

Try RE'ing gateway to see how they decrypt stuff that is encrypted...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i'm not trying to be an ass, and i have no claim at all to being some hacker, but there has been quite a few threads on how the 3ds encrytion etc work and why the decryption keys are practically impossible to retrieve without a whole lot of reverse engineering on the software and the hardware, the 3ds is no joke of security, many aspects of the 3ds security are still unbroken to this day even though the console is hacked, have a read through
http://3dbrew.org thats where most info is, also read up on http://3dbrew.org/wiki/AES that goes into more detail on how the encryption/decryption works

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip

Il start doing some research on the files myself. Il post anything I can come up with.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sorry mod, for replying. But these types of comments just pinch the wrong nerves.
I mean, do you even read your previous posts. Everything in it was the definition of being an "ass".
well he was acting like a nob, and there was genuinely very little about anything he had done, i didn't say he hadn't done anything, just that by simple google standards its seems pretty clear mathieulh as a lot more knowledge in console hacking field....that's not to say he can't get things wrong but he has been clearly working on the 3ds and its disrespectful when someone who i haven't seen doing anything on the 3ds comes along and calls someone clueless who is actively working on a console and would obviously have more of a clue than 90% of the readers on this forum

but anyways its all cleared up now mathieulh clearly has a clue, and there is currently no feasible way to just extract the keys to the kingdom :)

Reactions: Thirty3Three
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up