Homebrew AL9H upgrade?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Modded my 3DS ages ago, pretty sure its running AL9H. Never online so its never been updated since then but am wondering what advantages GM9 brings and how you'd go about upgrading? Simple case of following this:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Literally have no idea what hacks are running on my console though, how would I check those first or is there no point in upgrading as it serves my needs as is?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Modded my 3DS ages ago, pretty sure its running AL9H. Never online so its never been updated since then but am wondering what advantages GM9 brings and how you'd go about upgrading? Simple case of following this:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Literally have no idea what hacks are running on my console though, how would I check those first or is there no point in upgrading as it serves my needs as is?
Check what's your actual version of Luma CFW (pressing SELECT on boot):

• If it has v7.0.5 or less, then is A9LH
  • If is v7.1, then is B9S old version (1.0)
  • If is v8.0 or greater, then is B9S new version (1.2 or 1.3)

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
This is probably the best CFW implementation I've ever seen, on any scene, and I've been around for a minute. Very impressive levels of access, usability, overhead etc.. as it literally lives up to its name. The sheer amount of features on board and little quality of life touches are very well thought out.

Can't believe I held off upgrading for so long as I thought the old method was good because it just worked but this remix just takes it to a whole nother level. Well done team, you done well.

Reactions: fmkid and peteruk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
best is to update to Fastboot3ds
Just wondering why the OP should use FB3DS? It’s an amazing homebrew and all, but what benefits does FB3DS provide to the OP that B9S with Luma3DS doesn’t?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
its more recent thats about it it replaces or modifies the bootrom iirc
The bootrom, by definition, is not upgradeable lol
(which is why, for example and before SX chips, every switch made before mid 2017 is #pwned4life)

Fastboot3ds is certainly more flexible then B9S but it's not overall inherently better (an unmodded console boots faster and with less complexity, just to say one obvious case, and so would one with a cfw directly flashed as firm0; of course these setups are less flexible than the former two)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
its more recent thats about it it replaces or modifies the bootrom iirc
That’s rather vague and mostly off. That being said, I do agree with the idea of the OP trying out FB3DS, it does provide some interesting features that B9S doesn’t provide, mostly in the form bootloader. That and you can run FB3DS without the need for messing with B9S. Point being, I like the idea of more people using FB3DS but it needs to fit their needs and I always suggest testing first to see if it fits their needs over something like Luma3DS’ bootloader.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]