Akaio RC1 HG/SS Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yusuo, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2010

Akaio RC1 HG/SS Problems by yusuo at 6:02 PM (3,035 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I've just bought a Acekard especially for akaio and pokemon support (as well as others) ditching my r4 to be able to do this.
    I just wanted to know what problems still exist with the game does it work 100%, does wifi work, are we still getting random freezes, what problems exist with the game, I only want people reporting who have acekards with akaio v1.6rc1 and havent had cheats activated.
    If problems do exist this may help normmatt and others rectify certain problems and keep akaio being one of the best frimwares out there

2. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I've heard HG/SS works for 95% of the time on the AKAIO 1.6RC1. In others words very well playable [​IMG]

3. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I have only 2 gym badges at the moment, but i have not had any problems so far, so all is good here.

4. Olly

Newcomer Olly Advanced Member

United States
    Freezes occasionally, but completely randomly.

For a full list of everything:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. PK Strike

Newcomer PK Strike Advanced Member

United States
    Battling Brock with 11 gym badges, working fine.

Though from the Elite 4 to Sabrina last night it was working fine, until I went to go do what I'm doing now. I managed to walk into the Pewter Gym only to have it hang in blackscreen with music going. Same freeze as everyone else... just completely random.

Thinking about it.... I did explore a little, could beating Sabrina have activated the event counter? ...Something did. Something is still telling the game to kill itself even on Akaio 1.6.

6. MadClaw

Member MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Works fine for me, though i've only played for 40minutes.

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have two badges & have played for a long time. I've only encountered one black screen and one freeze but I do not believe either of those events are based on AKAIO. I got the black screen after I dropped my DS on the carpet while tying my shoe and I just happen to be leaving a Pokemon Center when it dropped... I got the freeze while playing at the park on a picnic table which had an uneven surface, rattling the DS as I pressed buttons. Both events contribute the Acekard temporarily loosing contact with the DS which caused both these malfunctions.

8. CompC

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When the patch is released, will it most likely work with AKAIO 1.5.1? I've been having some problems with 1.6 (namely nothing working at all—it seems to be a problem with my microSD card, but since everything works fine on 1.5.1 I'm staying there for now).

9. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Your AK is a clone. Buy a new one. Plus the game works on AKAIO 1.5.1 anyway. (I think)

Or I'm wrong and its your mSD.

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You didn't try to update wirelessly, did you?

11. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I thought RC1 made SS/HG work 100%.

12. JordanBlack68

Newcomer JordanBlack68 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm pretty sure its 100%, I've hardly seen any reports of it freezing.

13. CompC

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've never had any problems with my Acekard, and everything has worked perfectly. I bought it last April, 2009, and it's an Acekard 2i. Someone else told me it was a clone, but according to this page from the Acekard website the clones have the 'window' with the Actel chip. I peeled back the sticker on mine and it's not there. Also, since everything has been working perfectly for almost a year this makes me think it's real.

Anyway when I'm on 1.6 almost every rom boots to a white screen, and the ones that don't freeze not too far into the game. The only exceptions are the Phoenix Wright games which freeze when saving the game, which corrupts the saves. I've tried formatting the microSD card and erasing everything and all kinds of things but nothing seems to make 1.6 work. So I'm just staying on 1.5.1 where everything is fine. I'm using the Japanese SS rom with an English translation patch, and the game freezes and goes to a black screen after hitting Continue when I try my save file from the Japanese rom on the English rom. It does recognize it though, and it shows my Pokédex info and the number of badges.

Sorry if I went off topic here and gave way too much information…

14. CompC

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, I didn't update wirelessly. I just replaced the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds on my microSD card. Is that what I'm supposed to do?

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post.

15. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Yup!

16. burucchi

Newcomer burucchi Newbie

United States
    I read the post above that stated the game runs about 95% fine on no$gba with a fix. So, what fix are we talking about? Can anyone direct me to it. The way there are all sorts of different information makes it very hard to actually bump into the interesting stuff.

Thanks in advance, guys.

17. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    going off topic much burucchi, search the other forums about that, this is about acekard and pokemon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.