Hacking AKAIO/M3 Sakura

ScorpiusDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting an Acekard 2i sometime soon since my M3i is starting to get faulty. What I want to ask is since my sdhc card is flashed with the M3 firmware on it, can I replace that with AKAIO?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, just copy the akmenu4.nds and __aio directory onto the SDHC card and when you put it in your Acekard, you'll have Akaio. In fact you can use the same SDHC in both Acekard and M3, the different firmwares can co-exist, since the M3 firmware lives in /SYSTEM while Akaio lives in /__aio

-Atashi

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ScorpiusDX said:
Both firmwares will read from the same sav files or do I need to separate them into their own respective folders?
AKAIO reads the save files in the same folder as the ROM files so that'll be a difference between the M3 firmware. Make sure that you convert your saves if needed, they have a *.sav extension, & have the exact same file name as the game, such as Mario.nds is associated with Mario.sav.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
AKAIO reads the save files in the same folder as the ROM files so that'll be a difference between the M3 firmware. Make sure that you convert your saves if needed, they have a *.sav extension, & have the exact same file name as the game, such as Mario.nds is associated with Mario.sav.

Ah I didn't know the M3 handled saves differently, I've never run anything other than homebrews on the M3.

-Atashi

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Atashi said:
Yes, just copy the akmenu4.nds and __aio directory onto the SDHC card and when you put it in your Acekard, you'll have Akaio. In fact you can use the same SDHC in both Acekard and M3, the different firmwares can co-exist, since the M3 firmware lives in /SYSTEM while Akaio lives in /__aio

-Atashi
I can concur. Once upon a time, I had AKAIO, AK OFW, Sakura, and DSTT firmware all on my one card. All of them played the same games with the same saves, and nothing interfered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill