ronronsadork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I feel so ashamed asking for help.

I own a NDSL. Just so you guys know.

I'm switching from an R4 to AceKard2i. Reasoning is because I wanted more space and something compatible with the new SDHCs. I also hated the fact that R4 no longer updates firmware and whatnot. I looked at AceKard2i and thought to myself that AKAIO is pretty popular. I'll give it a try.

I follow the guide. It's simple enough. Download the firmware. Dump it onto the root card. Using panasonic SD formatter, I reformated my new 8GB SDHC. Dump the firmware onto the card. Download the new loaders onto the /loaders folder. Changed all my .sav's into .nds.sav's. Load it up. Everything is fine loading up wise.

Now everytime I load up any ROM. I mean, ANY ROM. It tells me that "Unsupported Device." message.

Thinking its the SDHC, I use my old SD card, a 2GB card that worked perfectly for my R4 and did the same process. Same exact message.

Next I tried an SDHC 4GB from my cell phone. Same exact thing.

I tried not downloading any loaders and using the AKAIO 1.4 Repack found on the Wiki on all three card. No luck.

I tried two different AceKard2i. No luck.

Got so fed up, I tried using the official firmware and everything loaded up just fine. Most of my ROMs work. Only problem is that there are a LOT of broken games that do not work at all. Got fed up.

Frustrated, I redid all the downloading and whatnot. Following the wiki and the guide posted on the forums to the dot. I did it for every single micro SD card I own. No luck.

I'm so close to switching back to my R4. I can't believe I'm having this much trouble.

Someone please help me.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm...sounds to me like a defective device. Where did you get that second 2i to try out? I've never had any of these problems with mine.

ronronsadork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought two of them at an anime convention recently. But I tested with two others. Twice with the two I bought and another with my friends. None of them work.

My friend is using the official firmware. I'm not a big fan of it.

Also, would a defective device allow the official firmware to work? I can get the official to work perfectly. I just can't play some of my ROMs.

I also use a DSL. Not a DSi. But I plan on upgrading to a DSi soon, which is why I bought this version.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ok lets start over as you seem to be at the keys.

when you put it in does the acekard show up in the ndsl firmware. do you see the acekard.com clicking on slot1 it attempts to boot?

if yes then format the msd again using the panasonic formatter and put on the akaio 1.4.1 proper repack. do not update any of the loaders.
try a few roms numbered under 1,000 (as all will work).
use the default patching and the green loading dma mode.

-another world

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh...well, it's possible that the two you bought at the anime convention were defective. ...and if there are a lot of broken games, a defective card might do that...I dunno. Don't know why AKAIO wouldn't work but the official one does.

ronronsadork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
use the default patching and the green loading dma mode.

okay. that just confused me. i went ahead and reformatted just now. redumped the firmware. didn't update any loaders.

Now what do you mean by default patching and green loading dma mode? can you explain? sorry.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should read the akaio wiki.

default means you don't change anything, you use the firmware as-is.

run some low numbered roms or some homebrew and report back.

also you can join #acekard on the gbatemp irc network, were we can talk in real time. its getting late for me to sit here and post back and forth with you.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c