AKAIO help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JBW, May 22, 2009.

1. JBW
    OP

JBW GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Bristol
    I have an acekard 2i on my dsi but have been having trouble with the akaio firmware. I had the official acekard firmware on it at first so when I changed it formatted the card with the panasonic formatter and put on all my old games and homebrew. But when I press start to go to the settings the acekard freezes. On another note the skins won't show up. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

2. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Reload AKAIO? Update the loaders (though that wouldn't really make a difference)?

3. zero383

zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver - #1 City in Canada
    Download this one, you won't have to bother updating any files. Just put the _aio folder and ak2menu4.nds into the root of the card. When you download a custom skin, extract but keep the folder structure and place it into the \_aio\ui\ directory

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5802

4. JBW
    OP

JBW GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Bristol
    Cheers, I'll try that now [​IMG]

5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    for curiosity sake...

does the box of your ak2i have that metallic orange "dsi" sticker on it? those kits have new hardware which blocks akaio, this is because the team did not inform normmatt about it. norm later updated the loaders to fix this. if you download and install the akaio 1.4.1 proper repack you should not have issues.

-another world

6. JBW
    OP

JBW GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Bristol
    Yeh, thanks.