Skizzo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change the way AKAIO sorts a directory, and if not, would that be difficult to add in? I use the numbered release dats for naming my ROMs, but it'd be nice to be able to sort on the 5th or 6th or whatever position in the name, so the game list will be alphabetized instead of sorted by the numbers at the beginning.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you're asking. ROMs and folders are 2 different things.

If you wanna change how AKAIO sorts folders, I dont think thats possible.

If you're talking about ROMs, then take a look at the wiki.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both folders and files are sorted alphabetically starting from the 1st character. What other way is there?

You can use Rominator to automatically rename all your roms to your liking. I got rid of all the release numbers and kept the game name only. Since Rominator displays the release number anyways, there is no point in keeping it in the file name itself.

Skizzo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
I don't understand what you're asking. ROMs and folders are 2 different things.

If you wanna change how AKAIO sorts folders, I dont think thats possible.

If you're talking about ROMs, then take a look at the wiki.
I was using the term directory as in 'directory listing', so yes, I am speaking about ROM, as I thought the rest of the post made pretty clear. Sorry for the confusion.

The only thing I saw on the Wiki possibly relating to this was:

File List Style
Options are Text List, File Name, or Internal Name. Clicking the SELECT button while in the main GUI will also adjust this setting in real-time.

...and I was aware of this feature already. It's not what I'm talking about.

As I explained, I use the numbered DATs for naming my ROMs, thus they all begin with xxxx - gamename.nds where xxxx is the scene release number, as used by many to discuss various issues, etc. with ROMs. I find it helpful to keep the numbers there especially when setting AK's up for friends so if they experience any problems I can simply ask for the number of the game and check the sites to see if any problems are reported for that ROM. Many sites/release notes don't even use names when describing issues, so keeping the numbers just makes things easier, especially since I don't play the thing too much. They belong to my sons.

SO...I take it there is no function currently to change which position in the name the filelist is sorted on. Fair enough. Next question is, would it be too difficult to add to AKAIO? Does anyone know if this has already been requested and rejected? Are they open to these types of suggestions? I'm not a coder, but it seems like it would be a fairly simple addition.

And yes, I'm aware I can simply change the ROM names but that isn't what I want to do for the reasons explained.

Skizzo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks zero for all the information. I didn't really want to start using a new program to manage my ROMs but after checking out the site for Rominator, I think I found a new ROM manager.
wink.gif
Heck, I'm even going to send the guy a few $$$.

Just a few questions...

Do you use it with a 'full' collection and if so, how slow/quick is it? The author says it isn't intended for full collections but if it can handle them I don't mind waiting for the lists to load, which would probably take some time on my dinosaur of a computer (Athlon 1800+ / 768MB).

With the safety feature turned on, is the trimming function of Rominator as good as I've read NDSTokoyTrim's is (I've never tried trimming ROMs, looks like it'd free up a ~300-350 MB's on an 8GB card with ~160 ROMs)?

If there are ROMs that are known to be 'untrimmable' is there a place to find this out, or should they all work when done the 'safe' way (I'm using Acekard 2.1's).

And finally, it looks pretty clean on VirusTotal, other than 3 entries. I take it these are either false positives or are related to the way the program communicates with the misc. servers it contacts?

ClamAV Trojan.Agent-83031
eSafe Win32.Agent.advn
eTrust-Vet Win32/IRCBot.ML

Thanks again for the suggestion. I own ya one.
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I found that my GBA folder was listen before my Games folder. If my english is correct, a comes before b. Unless the capitals is making a difference for some reason?

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have four folders:
---- DS GAMES ----
---- DS HOMEBREW ----
---- GBA GAMES ----
---- MEDIA ----

The "-"es keep the folders on the top, and I used AKAIO's hide-files thing to make all the other data folders and other junk not appear.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skizzo said:
Thanks zero for all the information. I didn't really want to start using a new program to manage my ROMs but after checking out the site for Rominator, I think I found a new ROM manager.
wink.gif
Heck, I'm even going to send the guy a few $$$.

Just a few questions...

Do you use it with a 'full' collection and if so, how slow/quick is it? The author says it isn't intended for full collections but if it can handle them I don't mind waiting for the lists to load, which would probably take some time on my dinosaur of a computer (Athlon 1800+ / 768MB).

With the safety feature turned on, is the trimming function of Rominator as good as I've read NDSTokoyTrim's is (I've never tried trimming ROMs, looks like it'd free up a ~300-350 MB's on an 8GB card with ~160 ROMs)?

If there are ROMs that are known to be 'untrimmable' is there a place to find this out, or should they all work when done the 'safe' way (I'm using Acekard 2.1's).

And finally, it looks pretty clean on VirusTotal, other than 3 entries. I take it these are either false positives or are related to the way the program communicates with the misc. servers it contacts?

ClamAV Trojan.Agent-83031
eSafe Win32.Agent.advn
eTrust-Vet Win32/IRCBot.ML

Thanks again for the suggestion. I own ya one.
smile.gif

No problem.

Just to let you know, we just found out not too long ago that the author has stopped updating the program due to financial difficulties. However, the ROM database is still being updated. It's the best manager I've used. It's pretty quick but I don't have thousands of roms so I don't know if it can handle that.

The "safe" trimming mode was designed for games with Wifi. It leaves a certain amount of data untrimmed so the wifi feature will work correctly. I have this feature always turned on and haven't had problem with it. The way I set it up is whenever I copy a game over to my card, it will trim it automatically. That way, I'll have the full complete rom on my PC and the trimmed copy on my card. Haven't come across any untrimmable ones yet.

It's a false positive. There is no virus. NOD32 and Comodo AV did not detect anything. The program connects to a server to update it's rom database and any "What's New" messages the author puts up.

Edit: I stand corrected. I opened up Rominator today and NOD32 detected a worm but it never did this before. I've been using rominator for a while now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.