CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - I've not used my Acekard2i for a while but gone back to it due to the Zelda:ST compatibility, so I'm a little out of touch about AKAIO etc

What I do know is AKAIO 1.5 doesn't have 'plugins' any more - but what I was wondering......
Is there a way to get AKAIO to start another program & get THAT program to load in & run a file selected through AKAIO ??

What I mean is - can I get AKAIO to show 'unsupported' files (eg MP3/BMP or movies files), & once selected get AKAIO to run a specific program to load in that file

Say for e.g I select a MP3 - can I get AKAIO to start up Moonshell2 , & let Moonshell 2 load in the MP3 & automatically play it ??

OR
Does AKAIO have anything like Plugins (made by 3rd parties perhaps) to allow playing Mp3 / veiw BMP / Movies etc ??

OR
Has anyone finally found a way to get Moonshell 2 to load in as the 'default firmware' on a AK2i & let MS2 use AKAIO to run ROMS (not the 'workaround' I discovered in my thread)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
unknownsoul said:
CannonFoddr said:
Has anyone finally found a way to get Moonshell 2 to load in as the 'default firmware' on a AK2i & let MS2 use AKAIO to run ROMS (not the 'workaround' I discovered in my thread)
Try http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=138693
thanks for that but that only works on Ak2 - not Ak2i.
If I rename Moonshell2 to 'ak4menu.nds' - it won't boot up & I get 'System file is Missing' & apparently the latest moonshells version have some form of 'block' to prevent the AKAIO loader from working.

What I'd would like is
- Has someone invented an 'ak4menu.nds' that autoboots into Moonshell2 that works on a AK2i yet??
OR
- is there a way to let AKAIO show mp3/dpg/bmp etc in the file selector & when you select the file it opens up another program (like moonshell) which then loads the file automatically. Basically I would like to select an MP3 from within AKAIO - & it'll play it, or if I select a BMP file - it'll show it, in fact very much like the old plugin use to work

I'm not too fussed over the fact that I select the file & then another program opens up which then plays/show the file I've selected

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
OK - I've not used my Acekard2i for a while but gone back to it due to the Zelda:ST compatibility, so I'm a little out of touch about AKAIO etc

What I do know is AKAIO 1.5 doesn't have 'plugins' any more - but what I was wondering......
Is there a way to get AKAIO to start another program & get THAT program to load in & run a file selected through AKAIO ??
no, you need to start it manually or you can select autoboot and then it will boot up once you start the ak2i

What I mean is - can I get AKAIO to show 'unsupported' files (eg MP3/BMP or movies files), & once selected get AKAIO to run a specific program to load in that file
no

Say for e.g I select a MP3 - can I get AKAIO to start up Moonshell2 , & let Moonshell 2 load in the MP3 & automatically play it ??
what's the big deal to just start up moonshell and then select the mp3 file in there?

OR
Does AKAIO have anything like Plugins (made by 3rd parties perhaps) to allow playing Mp3 / veiw BMP / Movies etc ??
no

or
you can't run it as a default firmware (yet) but you can select it to autoboot it immediatly when you start it up. Moonshell can also boot games
everything answered

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dam - thought some1 would've come up with something since I last looked @ the acekard
cry.gif

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Nah that's what gets them the award
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    These iPads deserve to be trashed.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Maybe only old senoirs would have loved to hear noisy kids
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    But then again, I see kids as a health hazza

rd
    +1
    Their ears would have troubles hearing their loud screeches that they can sleep in peace.
    +1
    @ZeroT21, They lack any common sense because their brain hasn't been fully developed.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    If old people learned how to use tablets more we might get them off the road :tpi:
    +1
    Anyways, I'm off for tonight. See you all later.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Old people flip tables in anger :P
    I remember The Onion.
  • TheAuraGard @ TheAuraGard:
    YOOO whats this
    If anyone is here please help me with my wii
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Ask nicer