AKAIO 1.5 - can it run Ext apps automatically

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Dec 11, 2009.

1. CannonFoddr
    OP

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    OK - I've not used my Acekard2i for a while but gone back to it due to the Zelda:ST compatibility, so I'm a little out of touch about AKAIO etc

What I do know is AKAIO 1.5 doesn't have 'plugins' any more - but what I was wondering......
    Is there a way to get AKAIO to start another program & get THAT program to load in & run a file selected through AKAIO ??

What I mean is - can I get AKAIO to show 'unsupported' files (eg MP3/BMP or movies files), & once selected get AKAIO to run a specific program to load in that file

Say for e.g I select a MP3 - can I get AKAIO to start up Moonshell2 , & let Moonshell 2 load in the MP3 & automatically play it ??

OR
    Does AKAIO have anything like Plugins (made by 3rd parties perhaps) to allow playing Mp3 / veiw BMP / Movies etc ??

OR
    Has anyone finally found a way to get Moonshell 2 to load in as the 'default firmware' on a AK2i & let MS2 use AKAIO to run ROMS (not the 'workaround' I discovered in my thread)

2. unknownsoul

unknownsoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2009
    United States
  3. CannonFoddr
    OP

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    thanks for that but that only works on Ak2 - not Ak2i.
    If I rename Moonshell2 to 'ak4menu.nds' - it won't boot up & I get 'System file is Missing' & apparently the latest moonshells version have some form of 'block' to prevent the AKAIO loader from working.

What I'd would like is
    - Has someone invented an 'ak4menu.nds' that autoboots into Moonshell2 that works on a AK2i yet??
    OR
    - is there a way to let AKAIO show mp3/dpg/bmp etc in the file selector & when you select the file it opens up another program (like moonshell) which then loads the file automatically. Basically I would like to select an MP3 from within AKAIO - & it'll play it, or if I select a BMP file - it'll show it, in fact very much like the old plugin use to work

I'm not too fussed over the fact that I select the file & then another program opens up which then plays/show the file I've selected

4. scrtmstr

scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    the Netherregions!
    everything answered

5. CannonFoddr
    OP

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Dam - thought some1 would've come up with something since I last looked @ the acekard
    [​IMG]