AKAIO 1.5 - can it run Ext apps automatically

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009
  1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - I've not used my Acekard2i for a while but gone back to it due to the Zelda:ST compatibility, so I'm a little out of touch about AKAIO etc

What I do know is AKAIO 1.5 doesn't have 'plugins' any more - but what I was wondering......
    Is there a way to get AKAIO to start another program & get THAT program to load in & run a file selected through AKAIO ??

What I mean is - can I get AKAIO to show 'unsupported' files (eg MP3/BMP or movies files), & once selected get AKAIO to run a specific program to load in that file

Say for e.g I select a MP3 - can I get AKAIO to start up Moonshell2 , & let Moonshell 2 load in the MP3 & automatically play it ??

OR
    Does AKAIO have anything like Plugins (made by 3rd parties perhaps) to allow playing Mp3 / veiw BMP / Movies etc ??

OR
    Has anyone finally found a way to get Moonshell 2 to load in as the 'default firmware' on a AK2i & let MS2 use AKAIO to run ROMS (not the 'workaround' I discovered in my thread)

2. unknownsoul

Newcomer unknownsoul Advanced Member

United States
  3. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for that but that only works on Ak2 - not Ak2i.
    If I rename Moonshell2 to 'ak4menu.nds' - it won't boot up & I get 'System file is Missing' & apparently the latest moonshells version have some form of 'block' to prevent the AKAIO loader from working.

What I'd would like is
    - Has someone invented an 'ak4menu.nds' that autoboots into Moonshell2 that works on a AK2i yet??
    OR
    - is there a way to let AKAIO show mp3/dpg/bmp etc in the file selector & when you select the file it opens up another program (like moonshell) which then loads the file automatically. Basically I would like to select an MP3 from within AKAIO - & it'll play it, or if I select a BMP file - it'll show it, in fact very much like the old plugin use to work

I'm not too fussed over the fact that I select the file & then another program opens up which then plays/show the file I've selected

4. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    everything answered

5. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Dam - thought some1 would've come up with something since I last looked @ the acekard
    [​IMG]