Hacking AK2i..unflashed itself?

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I turned on my DSi (1.4.1) to realize the AK2i showed in the menu as "Acekard 2i" once again. Thinking this just was a contact error, I took it out, used a can of air to clean the game slot, and put it back in. Still read "Acekard 2i". So, I tried it in my DSLite. Showed as Acekard 2i, but would not boot AKAIO. Just hung at loading screen.

So I pulled out my R4, put the AK2i 1.4.1 flash on it, and ran it to update the AK2i again. This worked, it showed as Alex Rider once again, and AKAIO booted.
Now this morning, it did it again. I don't want this to turn into a process. Why is it doing this? Though, I assume my best course of action would to just purchase a new one?
(I got this one from RHS in the end of '09)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thats really odd, i havn't heard anything like it, but maybe theres something wrong with your card. does it always show loading after it shows "ak2i" in the dsi menu? and how about in the ds lite, does it work when showing "ak2i" ?

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
thats really odd, i havn't heard anything like it, but maybe theres something wrong with your card. does it always show loading after it shows "ak2i" in the dsi menu? and how about in the ds lite, does it work when showing "ak2i" ?

When in DSi while it says Acekard 2i, it just gives me the "an Error has Occurred" screen.

While in DSL, it just sits on "Loading", when showing "Acekard 2i"
Same with DSPhat.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, try backing up everytihng on the microsd card your using to your computer so you dont delete anything you need, then format it. then download the firmware you prefer to use again, like the official or akaio, and then put your games back, try and see if that works, ad if its not working update it too

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
hmm, try backing up everytihng on the microsd card your using to your computer so you dont delete anything you need, then format it. then download the firmware you prefer to use again, like the official or akaio, and then put your games back, try and see if that works, ad if its not working update it too

....How does that help the problem, specifically? It's not an AKAIO booting problem. It's one with the card itself. Only when it loses its flash does AKAIO not boot.

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rowan said:
what holds the firmware for your card. The microSD. Give it a try see if it works.

It did not.
glare.gif

night2fire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I don't intened to hijack this post but made me think of a question when reading these post. After you flash the card do u reformat it or just leave it the way it is? Lets say i used 4.23 to flash it and now want to use the new 1.8.5 AKAIO. Also do you give the SD card a name or leave it blank.

Thanks for your info.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
night2fire said:
Hey guys, I don't intened to hijack this post but made me think of a question when reading these post. After you flash the card do u reformat it or just leave it the way it is? Lets say i used 4.23 to flash it and now want to use the new 1.8.5 AKAIO. Also do you give the SD card a name or leave it blank.

Thanks for your info.

flashing the acekard only affects the bootloader area and has nothing to do with the micro sd card. you could flash the bootloader and then load up a micro sd card with the ez iv firmware and nothing would happen. why would you want to use the acekard official firmware for anything? =P

back on topic:
the unflashed 2i logo will appear if the card has contact issues. also if you used akaio 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 (fake release) you might have overwritten your bootloader while using AP.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rowan said:
what holds the firmware for your card. The microSD.
No. The firmware is NOT on the MicroSD.
The Kernel/Menu/OS is on the MicroSD.
The firmware updater is on the MicroSD.
The firmware is stored on a writable chip inside the AceKard2i itself.

People need to stop confusing the two, because when people are told to update their firmware they respond with 'well I've got the latest AKAIO'. AKAIO is not a firmware.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
People need to stop confusing the two, because when people are told to update their firmware they respond with 'well I've got the latest AKAIO'. AKAIO is not a firmware.
The people that probably learn this the fastest are the people that get EZV/i's xD (because not being able to tell the difference can be potentially very dangerous).

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
night2fire said:

Thanks for your info.

flashing the acekard only affects the bootloader area and has nothing to do with the micro sd card. you could flash the bootloader and then load up a micro sd card with the ez iv firmware and nothing would happen. why would you want to use the acekard official firmware for anything? =P

back on topic:
the unflashed 2i logo will appear if the card has contact issues. also if you used akaio 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 (fake release) you might have overwritten your bootloader while using AP.

-another world

I did not use 1.8.2/1.8.3. I went from 1.8.1 to 1.8.5a.
I guess my card is just giving out *shrug*
I am aware it can say acekard2i in a DSi menu if it has contact issues, but that wasn't the case. The firmware (bootloader) erased itself and wouldn't boot into AKAIO in any DS/DSi.

claudiovc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems like hardware problem, like those old computers that reset date/time everytime your turn them off =D....guess your card is ready for the retirement.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
claudiovc said:
It seems like hardware problem, like those old computers that reset date/time everytime your turn them off =D....guess your card is ready for the retirement.

This problem still exists on modern PCs if the motherboard's battery is dead. Since the data on the internal flash of ak2i doesn't rely on a battery, it is not his problem =P.

Just reflash the card and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...