AK2i issues?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ryukouki, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

AK2i issues? by Ryukouki at 10:10 PM (1,207 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Does anyone know why my Acekard 2i would frequently freeze on the DSL's health warning screen? Also, would this happen a lot on dsi, because i am getting one tomorrow so i just wanna be sure

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    h&s screen issues are connection issues, and nothing more. if retail games work fine the problem is with the ak. send it back for a replacement, as all acekard products have a 1yr warranty. finally this is a VERY (VERY VERY) common question in this acekard sub forum. next time use the search button, thats why it's there.

-another world

3. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    oops sorry im just kinda flustered with what's happening lol

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just to let you know - I had the same problem,so I contacted Acekard. I have recently got an email asking me to send back photos of both sides of the INSIDE of it (along with my Email address) & they are going to send me a replacement without me having to send back the dodgy one

HOWEVER, since I got the DSi - I've given the acekard another try (only for a day though since I currently prefer the DSTTi - there's some problem with the SAV file of AC:WW when using the AK2i, & also 'Download play' from DSi to a DSLite) - not once had it 'locked up' on the Health screen.

Whether this is because it's on a DSi & not a DSlite OR because I 'disturbed' something when stripping it down & putting back together (I had a LOT of trouble unsticking the sticker from the chip) I cannot say - I would say If/When you get your DSi, try it out - if it STILL locks up, contact Acekard

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    really tho, animal crossing and pokemon games are not a valid reason to not buy a flash linker. i won't get into my person feelings on those two games, its off topic, but i will say that if you expect 100% compatibility you should sell your flash linkers and buy actual retail carts. norm has worked laboriously to fix any problems with animal crossing. if you are using the most updated akaio firmare (including the loaders) and you still have a problem, report it.

-another world

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Another World - FYI, Just to clear up the 'problem' with AC:WW.

The problem I believe isn't really firmware related in as so far as Loading/Saving the SAV, the problem is that the AK2i creates a different type of SAV file then any other Flash card I've owed.

I can't use the SAV they create with the 'AC:WW MapEditor' from http://www.aibohack.com/ (This hasn't been updated for over a year now - so new Flash card are not covered) & I can't convert them @ http://www.shunyweb.info/ because there's no AK2i option (& believe me I've tried various combinations)

I've even contacted 'Shuny' about this & he's reply is that the AK2i creates a SAV file he has not come across before & that there is a 'checksum difference' that he may look into