Hacking AK2i constantly freezing

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,809
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted User

OP
Just bought it for a week. It worked swell for the first few days, then the games will freeze randomly, when loaded back up, I can still progress through that freezing point. I tried a full format using Panasonic's formatter, no go. Tried the paper trick just for the fun of it, the games still hangs.

Halp?

Here's a little update; I found out that the frequency of the freezes differ between games. For instance, GTA:CW freezes occur less in frequency compared to The World Ends With You (Boy, can't go 5 minutes on this game without freezing).

It came to me to think that the MicroSD is at fault. So switched it to a spare 1GB. And voila, there were not much freezes.

Yes, the games still freeze, but the frequency of the freeze between games are finally even. There were no games that freezes more than the other. And the length before a game freeze is certainly large, like, 45-60 minutes then a freeze. Sometimes no freeze at all.

Anywho, is game-freeze a normal act of AKAIO 1.5.1/AK2i on DSi?

All4consoles-UK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.all4consoles.co.uk
XP
Country
Have you used new games after a week or same games freezing used for a week? You have not stated what capacity micro sd card you are using. Panasonic formatter is most helpful on 8gb micro sdhc cards otherwise no problem. Also check the authenticity of the card by going to acekard.com and if genuine save your games, format the micro sd card and reinstall the ak2i software, latest being 4.21. Hope this helps.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get AKAIO @ GBAtemp Downloads (Filetrip.net
tongue.gif
)
and the AKAIO loaders @ http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

D

Deleted User

OP
It's a 4 GB MicroSDHC card. Branded Sandisk. I ran AKAIO 1.5.1 on it, truly legit. The games are KH 358/2 Days, Pheonix Wright, Mario Kart, simplified, every single game.

The ROMs were working fine, until a week. So the ROMs aren't a problem (Is it? Correct me). I have yet to find another TF card to test, but till then, this is the only info I got.

D

Deleted User

OP
Seems idiotic, but I tried that.

And, here's something, Pheonix Wright is the game where freezing occurs frequently.

Could it be that the MicroSDHC is fried?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Silly question but although it's an AK2i - are you using it on a DSLite by any chance ??

I had countless problems with games freezes, as well as it freezing on the Nintendo 'Health screen' & I tried the 'card trick' as well.

It seems that DSLite have 'shorter contacts' inside that can cause problems with flashcards (but not with Commercial games).

It could be THAT that's causing the problem - any chance you could try the card out on a DSPhat or DSi ??
If so & it doesn't 'freeze' then that could be your answer.
If it still 'freezes' then it could be the card - apparently there's been a 'bad batch' of Acekard made

D

Deleted User

OP
The NDS that the AK2i is on is actually a DSi.

Here's a little update; I found out that the frequency of the freezes differ between games. For instance, GTA:CW freezes occur less in frequency compared to The World Ends With You (Boy, can't go 5 minutes on this game without freezing).

It came to me to think that the MicroSD is at fault. So switched it to a spare 1GB. And voila, there were not much freezes.

Yes, the games still freeze, but the frequency of the freeze between games are finally even. There were no games that freezes more than the other. And the length before a game freeze is certainly large, like, 45-60 minutes then a freeze. Sometimes no freeze at all.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
afif95 said:
The NDS that the AK2i is on is actually a DSi.

Sorry to say - Nope.....

I think I've had only one game freeze on me since I got the AK2 updated to work on a DSi - that was AC:WW - & it COULD be that it's the only game that gets loaded by AKAIO using the RED 'LOADING...' method (DMA mode)

D

Deleted User

OP
I knew it was a "no" for my question. The games still freeze, but rarely (After I switched the microSD).

So yeah. I guess I better call up Gamerscode (A AK2i local vendor) or something. Suggestions on what to say to him?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
you got it from LYN ? that guy right?

just ask for exchange (if it is still under warranty) because the ak2i you are having is giving you random freeze and other people have no problem!

highlight to him that this problem is still persistent even you change another SD card

if he doesn't wish to exchange then write in a dispute to the admins (if it is still under warranty)

D

Deleted User

OP
A'ight, I'll get to him ASAP. My warranty is still valid till 24th of Ferbruary.

So, should I write a PM to him through Lowyat pointing him to this thread or plainly SMS him and bring visual proof (Handphone recording) when I and him COD?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well... that depends on him..whether he want a prove or not, just ask him about it
tongue.gif

so far from what i heard he is a decent seller
if me? i will just SMS him and get an exchange by today/tomorrow! that depends he is back from the CNY hols or not
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Shall SMS him soon then. Probably will see him during the weekends. Thanks for the help people!

D

Deleted User

OP
Alright, dealing with the guy in like a few hours.

When I messaged him, he said that he'll test whether the AK2i is faulty or not. How is it done, actually?

Other than that, I just read a few threads about freezing during the intro video. The guy was using Class 2 microSDHC, which is actually same as mine.

However, if the problem was my MicroSDHC, won't it freeze during start-up only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.