moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey I just got an AK2 after years of using my R4 and I put the AKAIO firmware on there and I was just messing around with the menus and on one of the games I enabled Auto Start or something and now everytime I boot the AK2 the game starts without me being able to stop it ;-;

HOW CAN I STOP THIS MADNESS?!

Also can I use the saves I used with my R4 on the AK2?

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah and I saw on one youtube video of a guy using his and his booted straight to the menu like the R4 did without me having to click it from the nds menu (does that make sense? lol) how can I do this?

edit: oops I thought it'd merge lol

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://i38.tinypic.com/2nroexe.png
So yes, saves should work.

There's probably a button combo to stop it from auto booting a game, or you could plug it into your computer and put fresh firmware on or edit the global.ini or whatever file they use to control it if you know how.

I would guess holding R.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
in globalsettings.ini try changing "autorunWithLastRom" from 1 to 0 (purely a guess, nevar used before)

btw is that ava Giovanni from pokeemans?

EDIT: with the boot straight to menu, he prolly just had autoboot enabled in the ds menu

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, I just put the firmware on again and that's fixed the auto start thing

But I can't access my original saves, I have to start a new game for all of them :/
I went into rom options and changed all the save types to 512K aswell..

Also I'm pretty sure there's a shortcut to get into a ingame menu? Or am I thinking of something else?

edit: and ya I AM GIOVANNI

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if AK2 has an in-game menu, I only know Cyclo does.
Are the saves renamed properly?
like for me, if I had
1005 - Example.nds
My SCDS1 would name is 1005~E-1.sav
And I would rename it to 1005 - Example.sav to use it in DSTT menu.
So make a fresh save file to see the naming method then try changing the R4 save to it.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I had to rename the saves to have the extension ".nds.sav"
AKAIO has an option in the settings (start>system options>advanced>save extension) for having .nds.sav or just .sav.

QUOTEAh and I saw on one youtube video of a guy using his and his booted straight to the menu like the R4 did without me having to click it from the nds menu (does that make sense? lol) how can I do this?
As far as auto-boot straight to ak menu, check this
If you want your AK to auto-boot do this...

How to bypass Health/Safety w/o flashme
Some flashcards already automatically bypass the health/safety warning, but some don't auto-boot(AK2, RPG, Cyclo(iirc?)) .
My AKRPG does not, and it bugged me. But flashing seemed a little extreme (and pointless nowadays) to me.
Anyhow, I came across this method by fellow GBAtemper FatD on how to soft-flash your DS.

1.On your DS, configure all settings not done on initial startup (GBA screen, Auto-boot (MUST BE ON), region etc.).

2.Remove your battery for about 15-20 seconds to clear volatile data.

3.Replace battery and go through initial setup, but when it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead.

4.Insert your flashcard and boot 'er up.

You will lose access to pictochat and download play until you complete initial setup (undoing this softmod), though.
The process is fully reversible by booting into the firmware menu and redoing the settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning