Hacking AK2 directory listing slow?

queenaudio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have looked through most of the forum and I cant find anything.

I have about 35 NDS files in my games folder of my MicroSD and when accessing this folder, the AK2 takes a good 5-10 seconds to display the contents (regardless of what view mode I am using). My R4 was instantaneous, so worried I am doing something wrong. I tried both the official firmware and the AKAIO

Thanks

G.

Skydancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aerundel said:
You need to format your MicroSD in FAT, not FAT32.

Whoa... i even don´t know that! I tested it a moment ago and its much faster! Thanks!

Support FAT more than 4GB? And wich Tool you use?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The AK2 is kinda slow when loading roms. But try to keep less in a folder but have more folders. If you only have like 35 games, try organizing it by alphabetical order (26 folders) or like A-E, F-M, N-R, S-Z.
The setup you have is going to make the loading slow because it's one big thing, not a bunch of small things.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Panasonic SDFormatter formats the memory card following the SD standards and solve some problems of "slow seek time".

IOwnAndPwnU said:
The AK2 is kinda slow when loading roms. But try to keep less in a folder but have more folders. If you only have like 35 games, try organizing it by alphabetical order (26 folders) or like A-E, F-M, N-R, S-Z.
The setup you have is going to make the loading slow because it's one big thing, not a bunch of small things.

QUOTE(IOwnAndPwnU @ Aug 23 2008, 09:23 PM) Keeping it in folders is more organized anyway.
STOP FLOODING, PLEASE! You DON'T need to reply every post!

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't reply to every post! Only when I can post something useful.

If you have a 1GB, there is no point in organizing because your card won't even able to hold alot of games. If you have a 2GB, you may consider minimum organization (ie. A-E, F-M, etc). If you have a 4GB+, organizing is almost required unless you're patient enough to wait the 10 seconds.

And I do not flood because if I did, I'd know what the definition of flooding was.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I don't reply to every post! Only when I can post something useful.

If you have a 1GB, there is no point in organizing because your card won't even able to hold alot of games. If you have a 2GB, you may consider minimum organization (ie. A-E, F-M, etc). If you have a 4GB+, organizing is almost required unless you're patient enough to wait the 10 seconds.

And I do not flood because if I did, I'd know what the definition of flooding was.
Flooding example is telling someone to keep the card organised three times in the same thread and rambling everywhere.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Computer management, Volume Management. I don't know if the names are correct, as I use the Brazilian version of the XP.

My 4GB Kingston class4 Taiwan is in FAT32, formatted with Panasonic SDFormatter, and I think it is fast (1 second to load a list of 40 ROMs plus 40 saves).

IOwnAndPwnU, XP shows FAT16 as FAT.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
logical thinker said:
Go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Computer management, Volume Management. I don't know if the names are correct, as I use the Brazilian version of the XP.

My 4GB Kingston class4 Taiwan is in FAT32, formatted with Panasonic SDFormatter, and I think it is fast (1 second to load a list of 40 ROMs plus 40 saves).

IOwnAndPwnU, XP shows FAT16 as FAT.

o.O.
I didn't know that before.
Besides, what's even the difference between these FATs?

Skydancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
logical thinker said:

Woa.. 1sec is fast! I have a 4GB A-Data Class 6 in Fat 32 it takes 15 Seconds. In Fat only 1 Second!

Andorion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
The Panasonic SDFormatter formats the memory card following the SD standards and solve some problems of "slow seek time".

Thank you! Panasonic SDFormatter did the trick on my 8gb card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night