Hacking AK 2i 1.4.1 stability issues

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI Guys,

I recently purchased an acekard 2i with 1.4.1 pre-flashed to 1.4.1 firmware. For the most part it works, however it's very unstable. I've noticed that many times games will simply lock up randomly. It doesn't appear to matter which game I'm playing, either simple or advanced. The only clue is it seems to lock up more on games that save more frequently.

So what I'm wondering is this, with 1.8.5 firmware, is anyone else experiencing this with say, new super mario bros and this firmware version?

Also - I should note that I'm using a good quality flash card in it, I've tried the `paper trick', and I've tried reformatting with sdformater, etc. None of these suggestions seems to correct the issue.

Thanks!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems a tad odd. You can try using 1.8.5a which does address some issues with SD cards being 'fussy'. Are you currently running 1.8.5?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm running AKAIO v1.8.5 HW: 81 SVN: 1035, I downloaded the latest release on the website (recently). I looked around on the official site and didn't see an updated version, I can find it else where, is this typical?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4313988 said:
Yeah I'm running AKAIO v1.8.5 HW: 81 SVN: 1035, I downloaded the latest release on the website (recently). I looked around on the official site and didn't see an updated version, I can find it else where, is this typical?

If you look on the akaio site it has a link to the 1.8.5a version. It's a small update for some SD card compatibilities so it's not necessary for most people. However in your situation it might be worth getting to see if it resolves your issue.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23588

Here's the link on filetrip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Yeah in fact I just grabbed that version and tried it. Still same stability issues. The next thing I'm going to try is with a different smaller SD card.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my humble opinion, AceKard sucks - I had so many problems recently with them that I stopped buying them for family/friends and now buy the R4i Gold Wood compatible. I don't think it is a software issue - I think its a hardware issue.

Chuck it and buy another flashcart.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the one that came with the card is, probably class 2 given the speed. The one I'm going to try is a class 4 2GB which I know is good.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you tried the paper trick, but as I've experienced, it can sometimes require more than one thin piece. Mine is folded to add thickness and whatnot.

Picture:
dsi_photo0022.png

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pyrate02 said:
In my humble opinion, AceKard sucks - I had so many problems recently with them that I stopped buying them for family/friends and now buy the R4i Gold Wood compatible. I don't think it is a software issue - I think its a hardware issue.

Chuck it and buy another flashcart.

It does not suck. You just didn't know what you were doing or you just had bad luck and bought a faulty card.
Working here fine with everything.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Well got the different class 4 card in there, it's a lot more stable now, though it still locks up from time to time so the next thing I'll do is get an even better one and do some low level tests on it.

I'm a bit disappointed that the 8GB card I ordered with the AK 2i is causing so many problems. I'll let you all know how things progress from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1