The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
homebrew.gif
AirScan v0.5
Wi-Fi Access Point finder

This is the new version of AirScan, my homebrew app for scanning WiFi access points.
The new version is much more stable and includes connectivity testing for open access points.

Changelog v0.5 : 09/01/2010
- got rid of PALib (way easier to build)
- timeouts should work better (correctly ?)
- cleaner code, split in different files
- connection test to open APs[/p]
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Official site
discuss.png
Discuss
Contributed by trou

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
Is there a way to crack the WPA key with this APP or any way on the DS?
I have a protected access point at school that i can't access
frown.gif

No. This is just to scan the area around you and see if there are any networks you can connect to. This is not a cracking app.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Fabis94 said:
frown.gif

No. This is just to scan the area around you and see if there are any networks you can connect to. This is not a cracking app.

Umm ok so there is no way to do it with the DS
frown.gif

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
What I have heard is that it is impossible to make an aircrack port for Nintendo DS, probably since it will take eternity to gather the required amount of packages to crack the network key because the Nintendo DS wifi transfer speed is so dead slow to accomplish this! Anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Well back on topic, this app seems nice, I'm going to try it out, even if I already have an personal accesspoint already at home! =)

AparoidX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no. It's too secure for something as little as the DS to crack. I could be wrong though, but the only method I've seen used to crack it is with a password dictionary and time.

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
AparoidX said:
Yeah, no. It's too secure for something as little as the DS to crack. I could be wrong though, but the only method I've seen used to crack it is with a password dictionary and time.

Yeah, I think there was an app for the DS which made it possible to cracking the wireless password of a wireless network, but to do it however, you have to gather the required package files from the target network with a wireless adapter from a computer. The DS program just used the collected packages that the computer collected, and then it was able to reveal the password from it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BastarB said:
AparoidX said:

Yeah, I think there was an app for the DS which made it possible to cracking the wireless password of a wireless network, but to do it however, you have to gather the required package files from the target network with a wireless adapter from a computer. The DS program just used the collected packages that the computer collected, and then it was able to reveal the password from it.
Beat me to it
smile.gif
I think it was called AirCrack DS or something like that.

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
BastarB said:
AparoidX said:

Beat me to it
smile.gif
I think it was called AirCrack DS or something like that.

Yeah, that was the name of it
smile.gif
I found this program AireplayNDS also, haven't tried it, but It looks quite unfinished thou =/:

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12...5805ea52326e265

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
freezes after ~8 seconds for me (ds lite v5+acekard v2.1+akaio v1.5.1). finds 8 ap with correct data, refreshes them, but suddenly bam!

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
frown.gif
It's useless to try using the DS for your school's wi-fi.
Most schools(and other public access points) have a confirmation page when you first connect, since the DS doesn't use a regular internet test(as in using a web browser) to connect at first, it's useless to try this.

trou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
moli said:
freezes after ~8 seconds for me (ds lite v5+acekard v2.1+akaio v1.5.1). finds 8 ap with correct data, refreshes them, but suddenly bam!
did you enable timeouts ? Without timeouts it should be rather stable. I tried it yesterday with 150 access points, it worked correctly.

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant app - does exactly what is says on the tin. Works great on my TTDS. Useful for finding access points when you are out and about.

Seems really sensitive too. My laptop only picks up 3-4 wireless networks but from wandering the house with my DS I've found 8 already - all locked though ;-)

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
adriande2 said:
Fabis94 said:
frown.gif
It's useless to try using the DS for your school's wi-fi.
Most schools(and other public access points) have a confirmation page when you first connect, since the DS doesn't use a regular internet test(as in using a web browser) to connect at first, it's useless to try this.

It's my teachers one and isn't owned by the school.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Maby this will finialy get me on my ds on wifi with WPA2!

Im not sure how to use this though.When it says *WPA or WEP* i wasnt sure what to do.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mariosonic said:
Sweet! Maby this will finialy get me on my ds on wifi with WPA2!

Im not sure how to use this though.When it says *WPA or WEP* i wasnt sure what to do.
If you have a DS and not DSi, it has to be WEP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality