AirPort Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by science, Aug 20, 2008.

1. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I bought an AirPort Express yesterday so I could stream my music to my fancy stereo (it felt like a waste having it on the other side of my room, but listening to my crappy MacBook speakers). What I thought I would be able to do was be connected to my linksys router for the internet and still be able to transmit iTunes to my stereo. I wasn't aware that it was be connected to one or the other.

If I used my AirPort as an extender, would I be able to achieve this? Surf the internet wirelessly while being able to transmit my music and print wirelessly? What would be the cheapest way of achieving this? Buying a second AirPort Express? Buying a different version of the Linksys WRT54GS (I have v5, it can't be hacked to work with the AirPort, but other versions can). Anyone have any tips?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice