AIO Switch Updater Issue

bdacanay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I was recently updating my cheats with aio, and decided to update atmosphere and Hekate while I was at it. I got a few prompts when updating atmosphere, so I selected yes to all of them. When I rebooted I tried to boot hbmenu, I got an error that it could not be ran. I always run it through the nsp app, not the nro. The nro still works, but I like booting it straight from the app. I tried running tinfoil, and it does the exact same thing. It's weird because all of my other games and nro apps work fine. It's just those. It also disabled Tesla menu too. I do remember a prompt about that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but no luck. I also tried reverting back to the version of atmosphere I was on beforehand, but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea what else I could try? Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I was recently updating my cheats with aio, and decided to update atmosphere and Hekate while I was at it. I got a few prompts when updating atmosphere, so I selected yes to all of them. When I rebooted I tried to boot hbmenu, I got an error that it could not be ran. I always run it through the nsp app, not the nro. The nro still works, but I like booting it straight from the app. I tried running tinfoil, and it does the exact same thing. It's weird because all of my other games and nro apps work fine. It's just those. It also disabled Tesla menu too. I do remember a prompt about that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but no luck. I also tried reverting back to the version of atmosphere I was on beforehand, but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea what else I could try? Thanks in advance!
Don't use the AIO Switch Updater. Its notorious for causing more issues than it solves.

Reactions: AlineP and Lather

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the AIO Switch Updater. Its notorious for causing more issues than it solves.
Why, when its connecting directly to the github for the latest build.

but saying that, manually download the sigpatches, i noticed i had an issue before and it was missing 1 file from sigpatches.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why, when its connecting directly to the github for the latest build.

but saying that, manually download the sigpatches, i noticed i had an issue before and it was missing 1 file from sigpatches.
Tell that to the plethora of users who have issues with the app. And its not just the AIO Updater, its always been like this for updater apps in general. There can always be bugs with using homebrew apps but as long as you know what you're doing, you can never go wrong doing it manually.
I am able to update sigpatches with AIO, but every time I try to update Atmosphere it crashes.
Just download the latest Atmosphere from the official GitHub page.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell that to the plethora of users who have issues with the app. And its not just the AIO Updater, its always been like this for updater apps in general. There can always be bugs with using homebrew apps but as long as you know what you're doing, you can never go wrong doing it manually.

Just download the latest Atmosphere from the official GitHub page.
Well needless to say, ive used to for quiet some time and never had any issues, or the fake negative crap idiots spout about it.

Its a very basic app, it grabs content directly from the same source you would download on a pc.

Its more user friendly for those that don't have a clue.

Just press a button and away you go.

Same with firmware updates, use this and daybreak than it is to do it off nintendo and burn your fuses.

Reactions: VDDZ and bazamuffin

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've also never had a problem with AIO Updater (actually, now that I think about it, downloading cheats from AIO would make my games crash upon launching so I gave up on cheats altogether) and I don't see too many complaints about it in the forums - not that I'm looking for them, so I might just have missed them. It basically downloads file X from the Internet and puts it in location Y on your SD card, not a lot of room for error there. But I've never used it to update my firmware, preferring Daybreak just to be safe, so maybe I've been dodging bullets without realizing it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well needless to say, ive used to for quiet some time and never had any issues, or the fake negative crap idiots spout about it.

Its a very basic app, it grabs content directly from the same source you would download on a pc.

Its more user friendly for those that don't have a clue.

Just press a button and away you go.

Same with firmware updates, use this and daybreak than it is to do it off nintendo and burn your fuses.
Its like exFAT; you personally may never run into issues but that doesn't dispute the plethora of other users who run into issues. Currently this app is what gives users the most issues after, if not tied with, people who don't update fusee_secondary.bin to package3.
I've also never had a problem with AIO Updater (actually, now that I think about it, downloading cheats from AIO would make my games crash upon launching so I gave up on cheats altogether) and I don't see too many complaints about it in the forums - not that I'm looking for them, so I might just have missed them. It basically downloads file X from the Internet and puts it in location Y on your SD card, not a lot of room for error there. But I've never used it to update my firmware, preferring Daybreak just to be safe, so maybe I've been dodging bullets without realizing it?
Trust me, I don't look for them either but everyday there is at least one thread or person posting in the Noobs Paradise about an issue they had with the app.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its like exFAT; you personally may never run into issues but that doesn't dispute the plethora of other users who run into issues. Currently this app is what gives users the most issues after, if not tied with, people who don't update fusee_secondary.bin to package3.

Trust me, I don't look for them either but everyday there is at least one thread or person posting in the Noobs Paradise about an issue they had with the app.
That must be it, then. I don't go there very often.

Yup that AIO updater is quite buggy when updating Atmosphere, where you could get a situation where Atmosphere get a fatal error and won't boot.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...