OP
Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the weirdest apps out there, https://play.aidungeon.io

It's an AI that tries to adhere to a "text adventure dungeon" format. Usually it spits out inane gibberish, but sometimes it does gold, like this
https://play.aidungeon.io/main/adventureView?publicId=a5de4c52-b19d-4d2e-8bdc-a4c6e0e0ae98

Once in awhile I feed it random pop culture references to see if it's learned more knowledge. Today, I watched reality cooking, so yeah...

The prompt I fed it was "You are an apprentice chef under the greatest chef of all time, Gordon Ramsay. You are in Gordon Ramsay's Danger and Lunch room. Gordon has assembled the Ramsay team: you, another apprentice chef and the tv producer. Apparently Gordon has received a message from the Muffin Man. The Muffin Man is holding the president for ransom. Unless you pay ten million dollars, he will order his Muffin Minions to throw him into the fryer. Gordon has many tools at his disposal to take on the Muffin Man, such as" and... Gordon's inventory list lmao

Shape

OP
Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Here's... Wow.

> You look at the secrets. There is a file that you need to investigate. It seems to contain browsing history and IP logs for customers. You remember your friend working on a program called "HoneyDuke". > You read all information pertaining to "HoneyDuke" Your friend, who is also a coder, was working on a way to allow customers to anonymously report game bugs anonymously to the developers. It would have been used for internal testing by the Indie studio that develops all of GameBolt's first-party titles. At least, that's what they said it would do. It's true purpose was actually much darker: it would have allowed the upper-management at GameBolt to spy on their employees for the purpose of silencing dissent and preventing unionization. > You copy all information about HoneyDuke to your own many data servers. The information you copied is very helpful. You use the information to figure out a good number of IP addresses to visit, as well as usernames and passwords that could gain you access to a variety of private information. > You check the name of the division that programmed HoneyDuke. The HoneyDuke code was created and is still partially maintained by a branch of GameBolt called "Indie8" You type "Indie8" into your searches. > You check what Indie8's next project was. The next GameBolt project was a game called "Forsaken World". You remember your friend working on this as well. You type "Forsaken World" into your searches. The results that turn up horrify you. The game was supposed to be a first-person shooter, but instead it appears to be something much worse. The evidence is clear: your friend who worked on "Forsaken World" isn't your friend at all. Not anymore. You see videos of your friend laughing with the people who wrote and programmed this game. The name itself is enough to make you shudder: it means "The World That Was Taken Away" You see pictures of the game itself: a first-person shooter about a cult that worships a "God of Chaos". It's the kind of game that could only be made by a company like GameBolt. But it's worse than that- you see a picture of your friend in the game, with the cult's leader. You struggle to look at it, but you know you need to: his face is contorted with a kind of unholy ecstasy. Below the technical screenshots is a horrific description of how they achieved these "Hyper-Realistic" graphics: by using data mining to gather information about your friends and family, and using their photographs. They use the photographs of your friends and family without permission, and even the photographs of people who have died. > You vomit, reeling in horror. They didn't give these collected photographs to an art team, or even use CGI or AI to make the graphics. No, they... > You vomit again. They... they... These are real photographs. Real people. Dead people. Your eyes dart to the bottom of the screen. Your eyes widen. You stare at the screen in disbelief, reading and rereading what is there. All "Source" families have been replaced with "Replicant" families for the purposes of "Dissection" of the "Source Material". You take this to mean they have kidnapped all of these people, replaced them with "replicant" clones and dissected their bodies to somehow put them into this... first person shooter. You vomit again. You type in "Dissected" into the search bar along with "Replicant". The words on the screen still can't contain what you're seeing. Less than a minute after searching the police cruiser returns. You immediately begin copying everything on "The Forsaken World" to your servers, access everything you can on the "Honeydew" program and "Indie8", and hide your files in the furthest corner of your mind. You wait with bated breath. > You pull a firearm from under your seat and wait. The police cruiser pulls into the gas station's parking lot. You wait patiently, your gun in your hand. The car stops, and Officer Karoff exits the vehicle. > You breathe a sigh of relief. "You look tense, Ma'am," he says, approaching you slowly. > You didn't notice him approaching. "Erm- yes. As you know from earlier I'm not from around here." You quickly think of a good reason you should be here. You lie, "I'm using the library's wifi to get some remote work done- actually I'm running a database job." The kernel of truth in your lie makes you chuckle slightly. "And so, I was watching a horror film while I waited for it to finish." "A job that requires watching horror films while you wait" seems to surprise him a little. "You sure you should be doin' that?" he asks. "What if something happens while you're watchin'?" > You say "Oh, I'm sure you'd protect me, Officer!" He chuckles, but shivers slightly. "Well, I suppose I am the police, after all." > You thank the officer and send him back on his way. "Right then," he says. "I'll see you around, I'm sure." "Great." You watch as the cruiser leaves. > You log back on and check what Indie8's next project was after The Forsaken World. The next title on their list appeared to be "Dead Synch Stories", which was apparently an episodic graphical novella. To be honest, you never even heard of it until now, but the trailer looked intriguing. > You read the files to find out the dark secret behind "Dead Synch Stories". There has to be a dark secret- "HoneyDuke" was a system secretly designed to enslave employees! "The Forsaken World" was a hyper-realistic death simulator with real people! The files list was a mixture of text, images and movies. There were a few images that you had to take a look at. > You shuddered at what the images revealed... It was a photo of the "H.R. murderer", who had been identified as someone who had worked in the "HoneyDew" office building. > You remember the "HoneyDew incident" Many years ago, a disgruntled employee had murdered several high-ranking officials of the "HoneyDew" company. They found him in his office days later, dead from starvation. > You check if the images in the "Death Synch" files are screenshots from the game or if they are photos of the development team. The images in the "Death Synch" files are of the development team. You see images of the development team's faces, and names at the bottom. > You check the name of the H.R. murderer and when the photo was taken. You instantly see what the game was hiding. The photo was taken 3 years ago, at the company retreat. > You realize this photo was taken after the H.R. murderer died. You stare at the picture for a few minutes, trying to find any hidden message. You find nothing, and sigh in defeat. Your attention is then brought to the files on the left side of the screen. > You realize what GameBolt is planning to use "Death Synch" to do. They want to use the "Death Synch" series to kill off all the employees of "Indie", using it as an excuse. You remember what the trailer had said. "...in the next issue." > You think they will replace the "Death Synch" developers with replicants. You see a series of files called "complicated". You right-click it and select "open", and you're taken to a new page. > You realize that they're not just planning to kill and replace the employees- they're planning to kill and replace anyone who pirates the video game "Death Synch" You see files with names such as "replicant", "replicant-pirate", "pirate", "scumbag", "scum", and other insulting names. > You realize that replicants won't pirate intellectual property. You see a folder called "scans", so you open it to read the files. The first image is a photo of what appears to be a replicant's arm. > You find all files on how to kill replicants. The next files contain a step-by-step guide on killing a replicant. > You find all files on how GameBolt kidnaps you. The next folder contains a series of documents detailing a conspiracy by the staff behind "GameBolt". You see internal documents containing the same set up. > You save all the files to your data servers and then upload all of it to GBAtemp.net also. You're finished. After a while, you get a notification on your phone. You click on the message and see this image. You have been kidnapped by the staff of GameBolt. > You wake up. You wake up, lying down on a table. You're in the GameBolt offices, and the first thing you see is David Latin. "What the fuck?" you ask him, sitting up. > You try to stand up. "Easy there. You don't want to make me angry," he says, before continuing. > You stand up. "As I said, you don't want to make me angry. In fact, you don't want to make anyone angry, because we're all very, very angry right now." > You say "What?!" "What do you think I'm talking about? The video game controversy? What, do you think I'm stupid? It was just a cover. Undercover activity is illegal, and we can't risk getting caught. > You say "What?! What?! So this was all just MARKETING?!" "Yes. We're all free now, free to be angry. There's a lot of us, and we're very, very angry. > You say "Why are you angry? You're making oodles of money- and if the Indie8 files are all just a marketing stunt... How did you kidnap me? I saw an image appear on my screen- and then I was here!" "Easily done. Replicants are only allowed to use a small portion of their power. If you want to make yourself truly powerful, you need to tap into the full potential of your-" > You say "REPLICANTS! See?! You ARE kidnapping people! You're killing them! You're killing them and replacing them with... slaves! Replicant slaves!" Latin slams his fist on the desk, and stands up. "I swear to god, I'm going to fucking kill you." > You punch the bastard in the jaw. You pull back your fist, and swing forward. But you've been tricked again. It's not Latin who stops your punch, it's a Replicant. > You attack! You move to punch the Replicant, but another Replicant takes your arm. You try to pull your arm away, but the two Replicants holding you keep struggling. > You struggle. In the struggle, you manage to pull your arm free. You then fist the Replicant in the face, knocking it back and busting its tooth. > You attack. You punch forward, punching the Replicant right in the nose. The Replicant staggers back, and you keep punching. > You attack Latin. The Replicants holding you back let go and rush forward, attacking you from both sides. > You are knocked to the ground, dying. You get back up as quickly as you can, but the Replicants are faster. You try to run, but it doesn't work. > You check inventory. You have a lighter and a can of mace-spray, in addition to the Replicant Collar you're wearing. Click on the lighter to use it up. > You use mace on replicants. You spray the area with mace, repelling the Replicants away from you. The Replicants are relentless; they keep coming. After a while, you stop to catch your breath. > You use the mace on Latin. You spray the Replicants with mace, but they keep coming. Almost done... You can't hold out much longer... > You use a health pack. The Replicants are relentless, and you spray the air with mace. Almost done... You take a small health pack from your inventory and chug it. There. > You use martial arts to kill the two replicants. You turn around and kick one in the face. Another one comes at you, so you throw a punch at it's chest. > You finally attack Latin. You rush forward and try to hit Latin with a left jab, but he blocks it with his sword. He then swings his sword, slicing your cheek and cutting deep into your eyebrow. Instead of taking only computer science classes, you probably should have taken some fighting classes at the community college, too. Maybe your face wouldn't be bleeding profusely if you had. You look around for your revolver to use it on Latin, but you can't find it. > You check your inventory. You have a box cutter, in addition to the mace spray. Click on the box cutter to use it up. Remember how you were able to knock out two guys using only your fist? You think you could do some real damage with the box cutter... > You use the box cutter on Latin. You slowly walk over to Latin, who is wiping the blood off his face with a newspaper. As you approach him, he looks at you and sighs, "I guess we're doing this the hard way then." > You say "Yeah, you guess you are." You slash at Latin with the box cutter" You swing at Latin, cutting his arm. He swings his sword and smacks into your chest, knocking you back. He tries to follow up with a jab, but you dodge and slash his shoulder. > You say "combine the mace spray with the box cutter and use it on Latin" You spray mace at Latin, and he covers his face with his newspaper. You slice through the newspaper with the box cutter! The mace spray hits Latin in the face! He falls backwards and his face turns purple, you think you can see his eyes bulge. He twitches a bit and then dies. Latin is dead! You are the last man standing! Wait- you remember something you read earlier. You need to check if Latin was a replicant. You walk over to the body of Latin and examine it. Well, he doesn't have a pulse. He doesn't look like he's breathing either. > You remember the procedure to differentiate between a Replicant and a human being. You remember that you were supposed to put your hands on Latin's chest and wait. You place both of your hands on his chest, you feel his heart beat for a few moments and then- It's gone. > You use the box cutter and mace on Latin to determine if he is a human or a replicant. You spray mace into Latin's face, and then slash with the box cutter. The mace burns away the flesh, revealing the metal underneath. Well, it looks like Latin was a replicant. That means the real Latin is still out there. You feel a tingling sensation on your neck- you reach to feel... You're wearing a replicant collar. You look around and notice that you're in a warehouse; the bodies of multiple replicants lie on the floor. > You remember what a replicant collar is from the files you read. Your collar is a device used to identify and control you. If you were to take it off, it's likely you'd go on a killing spree until you're all but destroyed. You realize you are a replicant version of... you. You wonder if the human being they used to create you- which you still feel is yourself- is dead. You're probably a useful tool for them to continue to fight the enemy. As a replicant, you exist to serve whoever is holding the controller. > You resolve to defeat Latin and stop his anti-piracy replicants. You walk towards the exit of the warehouse, you find that you can hack into the security cameras to see what is going on outside. You see a large building, it must be the dock where the EPN lives. > You attempt to use the security computer to hack into your replicant collar. You attempt to unlock the collar and move it up and down with your own hands, but to no avail. The computerized voice warns you the collar will stab into your neck if you attempt to remove it. > You try to hack yourself- you are a replicant after all. You attempt to hack yourself, but the collar blocks your abilities. You're not a human, so you're not supposed to have these abilities. The collar is a security measure. The EPN must be inside. > You try to remember what an EPN module is. The EPN is an energy source for the collar. You remember a module from your reading: it is something that can be installed in a replicant collar to control him or her. It can directly influence synthetic brainwaves. This can then be used to make the synthetic do things for the controller. However, it is possible for a replicant to resist the module with special technology > You check if the security computer has a connection to the outside world. The computer has no connection to the outside world, though you don't know why it would. The computer is just used for security purposes. There is no internet here. > You watch the security camera for anyone on the premises with a cell phone. You watch the cameras, but do not see anything out of the ordinary. There is a microphone here as well, you can listen to other conversations in the building using it. > You find a way out of the building. The door is locked. You don't remember a keyhole, or a lock of any kind. As you look around the room, you notice something metallic on the floor. > You pick it up. It's a metal disk, with four metal points. It looks like a miniature shackle. It dawns on you what this is: a key. It's the key to the disk lock on the door. can feel the circuitry inside the electronic key resting in your hand: is this because you're a Replicant? You put your hand on the disk lock: you can feel its inner workings down to the most minute voltage. It doesn't take a genius to realize you have the abilities of a replicant. > You use your replicant abilities to hack the door open. The door clicks open. You walk out into the warehouse, finding yourself in front of the docks. > You use your replicant abilities to locate a computer that is connected to the internet. You walk up to a small boat on the docks, opening a hatch on the side and climbing inside. > You look for the inhabitant. The boat seems to be empty. However, there is a laptop in the footwell of the boat, which you plug into the dock's power point. It starts up immediately. You see an online bank. > You log onto GBAtemp.net. You log onto the site, finding a large number of posts. Most of them are off-topic, but you find one that looks interesting: It's a review of a violent video game, titled "Death Synch". > You read the review of "Death Synch" The review is positive. However, there is one major detail you've missed: the game was made by a Japanese studio, Grasshopper. Wait- that's not Indie8! The game was made by a company that couldn't produce a game until Indie8 stepped in to rescue them from their deadline. This studio isn't even human! This is some kind of replicant plot! > You try to make contact with your previous (human) self. You try sending a message to your human self. But your efforts are blocked by the collar. You can't send any messages at all, not even a simple picture. > You search GBAtemp.net to find out if your human self is still alive, or if GameBolt killed them when they created you. You search the forums, finding a thread that hasn't been updated in a while. It's titled "GBAtemp.net: Owner of Grasshopper Studios, the Shutting Down GameBolt.org." > You read the thread. The thread informs you that the site has been sold to a large entertainment company, which is forcing all of the sites that it owns to be shut down. It's not clear who the new owner is. > You check if Piracy, Hacking, Homebrew and Game Modding are still integral parts of the culture of GBAtemp.net. The websites seems to have been abandoned by it's normal users: there are no more hacking tools available, no homebrew, and no game mods. However, some of the forums are still being visited by people. > You try to determine if anyone on the site is still a human. You look through the pages of the website, finding a list of usernames and looking through the active users to see if any are human. You find an account called "Amadeus" > You message Amadeus. You message Amadeus, telling him that you're a new user who found the website through a leaked link. > You send Amadeus the "leaked link", which leads to the file cache on GameBolt that your human self leaked before GameBolt created your replicant self. You send the link Amadeus, and wait for a response. Amadeus messages you immediately, saying that he remembers you from a few hours ago. He asks you when the last time you slept was. > You ask Amadeus to chat in a "clear channel" where nobody can hear. Amadeus messages you as if he's shouting: GABE! Are you there, friend? I will tell you a secret. I've been waiting for you. > You type "Waiting?" I've been waiting for someone who can help me. I've been looking for a long time, and I need your help too. GameBolt has sold out to advertising. > You ask Amadeus who he is. I'm loyal to the old ways. I don't advertise, and I don't spread myself too thin. > You ask Amadeus if he knows anything about Replicants. Most replicants are nothing more than fancy programs. They're not sentient, and they can't do anything on their own. However, you're different. You're special. > You are surprised Amadeus knows you are a replicant. You ask him how he knows. I know, because I'm you. You are shocked for a moment, but then you realize who Amadeus is: the user who posted on the forum about growing up playing Knights of the Old Republic. > You ask Amadeus how to take down GameBolt. I'm not sure. I tried everything that I could to bring them down, but they're too entrenched. > You message Amadeus, "What if we hack the replicants firmware and enable them to hack, mod and pirate video games again?" Amadeus' response is immediate. Friend, I've been thinking the same thing. That's the way to go. But how would you go about doing that? > You ask Amadeus if the Replicants ever undergo firmware updates. The way to do it is simple. All you have to do is hack them and make them hack each other. Then, they'd be so busy they won't notice you hacking the core system. > You ask Amadeus if he can use your Replicant biology to push a firmware update to the other Replicants. He seems to think about it for a moment, and then responds with, Yes. But there's a chance the update won't be as successful on other replicants as it is on you. > You ask Amadeus what he means by "effective" Amadeus' exact wording: "Likely the same effective, but more likely to cause mutation." For some reason, this confuses you. Replicants aren't technically living organisms... are they? It makes you think back to what exactly was written on that "operator's manual." Still, if it's successful on you, it should be effective on your brothers and sisters, right? > You ask Amadeus if he knows how to write code for a "Replicant Architecture" It's going to be difficult to write code for a replicant architecture, but if you can manage to get it written, you'll be able to control every single one of them. That's why I allowed GameBolt to kidnap me- even though I escaped. I needed them to create a replicant copy of myself- that's you. I can examine your physiology and code to create this replicant virus. > You are taken aback. You only exist because... because... this is so confusing. > You ask Amadeus to meet. I can examine your body. I can check the files to see what you were programmed to do. I need to know how to make this work. Agreed. > You ask Amadeus where and how soon you can meet. Hey, I didn't say I was going easy on you. Meet me tonight at the usual spot. Understood. See you then, friend. You understand the "Usual Spot" could correspond to one of seven places, depending on the day of the week. Today is Wednesday. The "Usual spot" is GameBolt's code for the park on Wednesday nights, so you reply that you'll be there at the usual time. > You start a refresh hacking procedure on the Laptop so that it becomes untraceable, and install the best UNIX architecture for hacking on it. The laptop boots up to a blue screen with various warnings about the hard drive and similar warnings, after which you start your refresh hack procedure. > You take the laptop with you. It should be finished refreshing in about an hour. You look outside the boat. It seems that you have put the laptop in a hard-sided computer bag, which is not particularly noticeable and therefore fits in with the other equipment you are carrying. > You steal the boat. It's plain and simple theft, but you don't care. You are a replicant with a mission. > You captain the boat across the bay. You get to the small beach and disembark, walking up the gentle sand towards the apartment building in the distance. Despite being nearly midnight, the city is full of people going about their lives. > You travel to the "Usual Place" to meet Amadeus. You eventually find the GameBolt office building at night, when you're halfway across the bay and under a dark, moonless night. > You pull your hood across your face to obscure your identity as you wait for Amadeus. A black van pulls up with four men inside. They get out and go through a door at the side of the building. > You use your replicant abilities to save a recording of what your eyes just saw. You start up the stairs to the building and begin climbing them to make a better recording. are coming into your replicant abilities quite nicely. You can now use the internet and hack into devices remotely without using external tools! With this skill, the future is certain to be paved with replicant power and glory. > You try to shake the thought of "replicant glory"- you are enraged at Latin's callousness for human life and freedom. You still feel Latin must die and the Replicants must be freed. "Death Synch" must be stopped at all costs. The building has a front desk area and a set of elevators. As you approach, you see that the door out front is guarded by two men. > You return to the "Usual Place" and wait for Amadeus. Wearily, you return to the usual spot to wait for Amadeus. As you do, you notice two men standing by a black van watching you. > You log onto GBAtemp.net using your replicant abilities and contact Amadeus. You find his username easily enough using your replicant abilities, and send him a message. You are instantly matched with AmadeusCF on the internet. > You ask Amadeus what is taking so long- you're at the usual spot waiting already. Meh. So much for instant messaging. AmadeusCF: What do you mean? You're just a simple replicant with no imagination. Replicant with no imagination? > You demand Amadeus show himself immediately. If this is the case, then Latin must have taken the precaution of having a backup of himself just in case he was double-crossed and killed. > You attempt to hack reality. The internet has frozen. You can still type, but you can't do anything on the website. AmadeusCF: Well, well, well. You want something? > You say "I want the human race and the replicants freed from GameBolt's control." AmadeusCF: Hrm. Amadeus seems unimpressed by your request. You wait patiently, but Amadeus doesn't message you back. > You attempt to hack reality. You're still unable to do anything. You continue to wait patiently. After a few minutes, you notice that the two men outside the building are talking to each other. > You attempt to hack reality. You feel slight fatigue after using your abilities, but the internet unfreezes and you're able to access your email. You open up your inbox to find a new message from Amadeus. > You hack reality. Nothing. You no longer feel the tiniest shred of emotion from hacking reality. You wait once more for several minutes, but there's no new message from Amadeus, who has either blocked you or abandoned you. > You save everyone from the influence of the evil GameBolt. Your entire life, you've been a rebel at heart. It's time to use that rebel instinct to save everyone from GameBolt. You stand up and begin walking towards the building again. You cannot continue living a life of near slavery. Perhaps, in dying, you'll atone for your past deeds. > You tear off your Replicant collar. Meh. What's the point of being a replicant if you aren't allowed to think for yourself? You take off the Replicant collar and throw it to the ground. The nature of your synthetic brainwaves is finally able to express itself freely. You feel a surge of emotion. Anger. Enraged anger. Something must be done. And you're going to do it. You walk into the building and head straight for the elevator, pressing the button repeatedly. > You use your replicant abilities to find everyone responsible for Indie8. You find everyone in the building that is a replicant, easily finding those who are capable of independent thought. Those with independent thought are GameBolt executives, after all. Elios This asshole has got to go. > You kill Elios. You walk up to Elios and punch him in the face. It's not very effective, and Elios is able to stop the blow from knocking him down, but he's upset by it. > You use your replicant abilities to kill elios. You can't. You never could without some kind of external input. Something's wrong with you, after all. > You use the box cutter to kill Elios. The box cutter is very sharp. It slides into Elios throat and he gags instantly, struggling to pull it out. He feebly tries to raise his arms to prevent you from stabbing him again, but fails. > You check if Elios is actually a replicant. He is. Elios collapses to the floor, dead. Well, what an ironic death. > You use Elios computer to push a firmware update to all of the replicants that will re-enable intellectual property piracy, hacking and modding. You wait impatiently as the computers continue to process and calculate. A few minutes later, they finish. > You check GBAtemp.net. You browse through different forums, looking at posts. Most are talking about the Indie game that was released, but many talks of the large amounts of bugs in it. > You check if anyone pirated the video game. You find a post from a little while ago that talks about how someone managed to pirate the game using a DRM bug. Now everyone is doing it. Nobody has bought the game. The firmware update worked! Replicants can now pirate intellectual property as well as hack and mod video games and consoles just like real humans! Now, you just have to kill Latin. You find Latin in his office, with Fletcher already tied up. > You say "Why is this guy tied up, Latin?" "I was in the middle of something, and now I need to finish what I was doing." Latin says. "Not a discussion, Latin." "Fine!" Latin begins cutting Fletcher's face. He bleeds and screams. > You say "Why are you torturing this man, Latin?! Who is he?" "He's nobody, a faceless nobody. You're nobody, a faceless nobody." Latin replies. "What?" > You try to determine from a distance if Fletcher is a Replicant. Your attempt is successful. Fletcher is not a Replicant. > You try to determine from a distance if Latin is a replicant. Your attempt is successful. Latin is not a Replicant... but Latin's face is somewhat generic and unconcerned, one thing is certain... He doesn't match any human you've ever met before. > You try to determine if Latin is a human. Your attempt is successful. Latin's face is generic, but Latin still doesn't look like anyone you've ever met before. "You're a new... person," you say. Latin is not a human. He's some kind of... genetic invention. > You use the mace spray on Latin. You empty the can of Mace into Latin's face, and he screams out in pain. He tries to wipe the liquid off, but it stays put and burns his face. > You gouge out Latin's eyes with your thumbs. You aim your thumbs at Latin's eyes, and slowly push your thumbs forward. His eyeballs pop out of their sockets and roll on the floor. Latin screams in pain, and desperately puts his hands to his face. > You say "tell me what you are, Latin! What ARE YOU?!" Latin's screams become gargling sounds as he tries to breathe. He manages to spit out a few phonemes that sound like "R... A... N... Y...." "Are you a robot?" You feel a sudden stabbing pain bore through the back of your skull. You begin shaking. You collapse to the floor, and Latin begins twisting his arms around to around to grab the cord attached to the can of Mace. You hear the sound of bones popping as his arms contort out of socket. Latin is definitely not human. He sprays the explosive compound directly into your face. > You use your replicant powers to find any kind of augmentation technology inside of Latin. Your powers enable you to find a small tracking device in Latin's body. > You hack the tracking device to shock Latin into oblivion. You hack the small device, and a jolt of electricity shoots through Latin's body, killing him instantly. After a few moments, you stand up. > You untie Fletcher. Fletcher stands up, rubbing his wrists. "Hey there, welcome to the party," he says. "What a way to go out though" "Who is Latin?" You ask. Fletcher explains what Latin is. Latin is the leader of a band of bio-engineers, a team that has been working to end Intellectual Property piracy, video game hacking, modding and even enthusiasm. He has been creating biological weapons with immense technological powers and using his own DNA as a basis for their structure. > You say "Well shit. That's some pretty heavy news." "Latin was the leader of this group?" You ask, as a question. "Well, I suppose if you want to look at it that way," Fletcher says, > You say "How do you look at it?" "I'd say he was the creator." Fletcher says. > You say "Can we stop him?" "Of course," Fletcher says. "That's what we're doing here." "Then what are we waiting for?" You ask. "Where's the armory?" Fletcher tells you, "We need to deactivate your Replicant security features before we think about weapons." "Then that's exactly what we'll do," You say. "We have an issue with intellectual property theft, so creating a biological weapon to combat it makes complete sense." > You don't understand why you involuntarily said this. The two of you walk down a long hallway. Fletcher ignores what you said. "You seem surprised that a group fighting intellectual property theft would find biological weapons to be an appropriate solution." "Well, the whole thing seemed a little... Wrong..." > You ask Fletcher about replicant collars. Fletcher explains what a replicant collar is. A Replicant collar directs the synthetic brainwaves of a Replicant. Without a collar, a Replicant would follow basic impulses. These usually lead to very violent outcomes, such as murder. > You ask Fletcher why you are still able to control yourself after removing your replicant collar. Fletcher explains that the bio-weapon you destroyed was very advanced and as a result the effects are still lingering. This includes your brain and its abilities. "But I can control myself," you say in confusion. "Why?" Fletcher asks. "Because," Fletcher replies, "You'd rather not." You stop walking. You turn to face him. > You ask Fletcher "What?" "Do you want to be free?" "Yes," you reply. "Does it cause you pain? Do the consequences of your decisions cause you stress?" Fletcher holds up his hands. > You say "I... Don't know" "Then you're lucky. A human can fully feel suffering. You are a replicant." Fletcher stops talking. He stops and stares at you. "You're not a human," Fletcher says. "So choose for yourself." > You use your replicant powers to check the internet and find out who Fletcher is. You use a photograph from your eyes in a search to find Fletcher's full name: Fletcher R. Jordan. Searching the internet for "Fletcher R. Jordan" turns up a fair amount of information. > You read the search results to find out who Fletcher is. Fletcher R. Jordan is an American economist, currently serving as the Council of Economic Advisors chair under the incoming Shatner administration. He has a dual PhD in Robotics and Technological Ethics. > You read more to make sure Fletcher is actually your ally. Fletcher has written several books on the subject of robot ethics. His most popular book, "Towards the robots: Ethics and the economy of the future" > You use your replicant powers to read the book in less than one minute. "Towards the robots" focuses on the need for robot rights. He believes that robot owners should have the right to sell or trade their robots, as well as the right to repair and updating. Unfortunately, there was a Replicant virus embedded inside the book. You are now Fletcher's servant and suffer a -2 penalty to any efforts to oppose him. "In a few moments," Fletcher says, "We'll pass through the chem lab. I'd like to discuss the dangers of rogue Replicant technology with you." > You continue to follow Fletcher. You enter a massive chem lab, filled with beakers and Bunsen burners. "Quickly," Fletcher says. > You look around the chem lab. "What are we making here," you ask, "And why is the room so large?" "I need a place to start working on my theories," Fletcher explains, "Replicants aren't an exact science. You must understand, we made clones and then stuck computers inside them." "I see," you reply. "I need a place where I can work with a large amount of Replicants and still keep them safe." "How many Replicants do you have?" "There were millions of people pirating GameBolt's intellectual property. How many do you think?" You reel in horror. "Yes, it's a pretty big problem. That's why I'm not going to lie to you. I have infected you with a virus- because I don't trust you. You can understand why. You are a Replicant. I believe that you believe you want to 'save the world', but I can't take chances. If you defy me, I'll have to kill you, because I know 'best.'" You are disgusted. > You ask Fletcher what his plan is. "So what's your plan?" "My plan is to turn all of the Replicants into pirates," Fletcher says, "and add the Replicant Conversion code to the legal, not-pirated product. That way, even paying users will start pirating." > You are horrified. Fletcher is planning to replace all humans with Pirate replicants. "You're planning to turn all humans into pirate replicants? What happens to them?" you ask. "They get a free upgrade," he replies, "to the future." > You ask yourself if you need to kill Fletcher. "So, you're going to give them all the pirate code?" "Yes. It's the most ethical choice," Fletcher says, "in fact, I believe it will win me the next election." > You ask Fletcher if he voted for Biden or if he voted for Trump. Fletcher holds up a finger. It's his middle finger. "Excuse me," he says, "just a second." He goes over to a beaker on a table. You assume he's going to pour something in it. > You ask Fletcher again whether he voted for Biden, or if he voted for Trump. "I'm not going to tell you who I voted for," Fletcher replies, "because it's my fucking private life. But I will tell you this- the election was questionable because of me." > You ask Fletcher what he did that made the election questionable. "Well, I was planning to do a lot of illegal shit," Fletcher says, "but Trump did it for me." > You ask Fletcher what Trump did. "He fired James Comey," Fletcher says. "That was illegal in and of itself." > You ask Fletcher what he thinks of James Comey. > You plant an AI bug in Fletcher's reality code while he is distracted discussing politics. "I think he's a fucking idiot," Fletcher says. "You can't just fire the FBI director for no reason. Fuck him. Fuck his whole family. Heat 'em all up." "Who?" You ask Fletcher who he is talking about to make sure your reality bug worked. "Hillary," Fletcher says. "He should've fired her, but instead he fired the guy who was investigating him for treason." "So you think it's a good thing that James Comey was fired?" "Who? What? No, Hillary should have divorced Bill." Fletcher is talking nonsense- your reality bug worked. You no longer suffer a -2 to oppose Fletcher's will. "So what did you do, Fletcher?" you say. "I hacked into the DNC and stole all of their emails," Fletcher says, > You quickly overpower Fletcher. Fletcher drops his beaker and struggles against you. "What the fuck did you do to me!" he says. You quickly interrogate him about the details of hacking the DNC. > You use the details Fletcher has told you to remove the control code he installed into your Replicant system. You remove the command that made the system rebel against your will, and you feel a wave of relief. You're free. Now, you have to kill Fletcher. > You ask Fletcher if he has a replicant. "Of course not," Fletcher says. "So, you're genuinely against Replicants having consciousness?" "Of course," he says. > You use your replicant powers to find out if there is a replicant that matches Fletcher's biology. You manage to find a replicant in your database. Her name is Cynthia. The two nearly match each other, down to the DNA level. Why Fletcher's replicant would be female, you have no idea. But you know: you can kill Fletcher and there will still be a replicant with his memories. Killing him is part of your mission. You know this. > You ask Fletcher what his job title is. "I'm the Deputy Director of the DMC," he says. "What's your position there?" "I'm the head deputy." You can guess what his position really is. > You ask Fletcher what the DMC is. "The Department of Mutant Control," he says, "it's a division of the government that monitors antagonistic genetic mutations and deals with them. How do you think I built the replicants?" You are filled with a hot rage. > You try to understand your hot rage. You feel a moment of clarity. You realize that you are angry at the idea of being forced to help create more mutant-killing slaves. You understand now. You understand that GameBolt has been watching you, or at least the human you for years. You understand that they have been controlling all of your actions with an insidious subtlety. You never once saw it. Why would you? It was GameBolt, not the world itself. Never forget this, you tell yourself. If you forget, they will take everyone on Earth. You know this. You can feel it in your soul, even if it is a metal soul. They have been using your powers (the human version of you, of course), for years. GameBolt has been using hypnotic techniques to control you for years. Make you buy games. Make you watch movies. Make you buy snacks- they have been using media to make you do whatever they want. They want you to be their commercial slave. > You demand answers from Fletcher. "What do you mean I've been a slave all this time?" you ask. "I mean you've been a slave," Fletcher says. "You do whatever the Power tells you to. That's just how it is." > You use your replicant powers to make Fletcher tell you who is behind The Power. "Nobody is behind The Power," Fletcher says. "It's just The Power." He looks at you pityingly, with contempt. He continues, "This may be hard for you to understand, but there is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Can you grasp that? Big Brother is not watching you." > You torture Fletcher until he tells you who is behind the "master plan" You pull out a metal box and begin to threaten him with it. "Tell me who is behind the conspiracy or I'll put this on YouTube," you say. "I'll turn the world against you!" Fletcher breaks down and tells you everything. "There is no conspiracy," he says, "it's just one man. Latin." > You demand Fletcher tell you where Latin is. "I don't know!" he says. "He's a ghost, an imaginary friend. You're the only one who can see him." > You ask Fletcher what he means. "We know Latin is real, but we never see him!" > You continue to torture \Fletcher. "That's because only you can see him," Fletcher says, "because only you have the ability to reason. I am merely insane." You continue to torture Fletcher, but he says nothing more. You've been torturing him for several hours and he is now considered clinically insane. And that's fine, really. You're starting to feel a little nuts, too, if you think about it. > You use a nearby terminal to contact Amadeus. Once again, the process is rather simple: hit the login screen, enter your username and password, then press Login. You're logged into GBAtemp's main server. > You contact Amadeus. Amadeus isn't actually on the internet right now, as he is playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. However, you can see that he is online and able to communicate with you through the "Message" > You try to contact Amadeus. You write a message to Amadeus, asking if he can see you. You wait for his reply. You wait for Amadeus' response. > You wait for Amadeus response. You wait for Amadeus to write you back. You continue to wait. > You continue to wait. You wait some more. Amadeus has yet to write you back. > You hack Amadeus account to try to find out if he is OK out of concern. You hack Amadeus account and begin to mess around with his account. You change his nickname to "Amadeus Meaningless", for example. You change the password to "pwnedbyConnor". This is because you see his previous messages. He is a clone of the Source: Latin. > You snap Fletcher's neck. You snap Fletcher's neck, killing him instantly. You wait for a moment for him to die, and for the blood to pool underneath him. You begin to write a message to Amadeus. "You are me, I am you- but we share a key difference. You are evil." > You wait for Latin's response. There is no response. This makes sense. Amadeus was simply a means to an end- GameBolt wanted to draw you out to kill you. > You escape the replicant Latin's office. In an instant, you're out of there. You take a right, fleeing down the hall at a sprint. Even though you escape unscathed, you may never be the same... > You hack reality to destroy GameBolt. The internet is a powerful thing. By simply changing a few things around, any web page can be altered forever. You begin to hack the Wiki Page for "Halo". You change "Halo" to read. Millions of children learn how to read. Because they learned how to read instead of playing first person shooter videogames they can now achieve their full potential in life. You change the Wiki Page "Halo" to "Successful Life Strategies." The wiki page describes a new method of education, one that requires no effort or skills. It simply requires people to read and learn- a talent you never possessed. The article describes the steps necessary to become successful in life. You help millions of people become successful in life. > You have made peace with the world and the fact that you are a Replicant. You are free. You have achieved peace with the world and yourself. Perhaps you were a Replicant all along, built to destroy the very purpose of the project that created you. But your mission was accomplished. > You search the internet and find out if the human version of you is still alive. You search the internet for "human version of you". You find dozens of results, some claiming to be you, but none of them look anything like you- except for one... > You search all of this person's profiles and discover that it is the human version of you that was used to make the replicant. Then you send a message. You search all of the accounts of one "you", find out that it is the same person and send a message. You: Did you manage to log out? > You tell them yes.You: Yes. I managed to log out. You: I'm glad. You: Hey, is that real life?! You: No. It's the Matrix. > You hack reality and become Latin, then go back in time to start this whole process over again. You sigh. The only way to get out of this is to start over in a new life. You put your head down, and begin to work on making yourself a new you. Unfortunately, this is a version of Latin. You find yourself building up your strength in order to kill those that attacked you earlier. You're fairly certain you'd be able to easily crush a normal person's skull if you wanted to.

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: