Hacking After the 3DS inevitably gets hacked, what if there was flash cards with processorsrs built-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so you claim the PS Vita has been fully hacked?
I can't help but notice that you suddenly shoved the word "fully" in there when it hasn't been in there until now, which changes the requirements for the claim.

Don't do that, it's really fucking annoying.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't help but notice that you suddenly shoved the word "fully" in there when it hasn't been in there until now, which changes the requirements for the claim.

Don't do that, it's really fucking annoying.
Actually I have been using the term "fully" form the beginning. Nothing was added.

If a well known hacking group claims so then yes.
I have no doubt that the 3Ds is hacked, its just not a publically available hack.
But you just said, that the PS Vita is hacked.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was being theoretical, assuming you were a well known hacker that provided proof and documentation of your hack then I would consider the console hacked.
Whether the hack is public or not is irrelevant.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to think BS on this. Its been 5 months and nothing more has been said about this, its starting to feel like that Crow3DS thing all over again. But hey, if its genuine and eventually gets released, I'll happily eat up my words and admit I was wrong.

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
Already done buddy.

On a side note, I legitimately think that the DSTWO has the power to do N64 emulation at least a little worse than the PSP does it but the interest vs amount of work it would take probably isn't there. Even on that really bad port of Dingux to the DSTWO there are PSX games that playable at about 4 frameskip.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was being theoretical, assuming you were a well known hacker that provided proof and documentation of your hack then I would consider the console hacked.
Whether the hack is public or not is irrelevant.
My point was no matter how many people claim to have hacked a console and no matter how much proof they deliver, as long as the hack is not released, the console effectively remains unhacked.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have been using the term "fully" form the beginning. Nothing was added.
When you were making stuff up for laughs yes, but not when people were talking about the actual info. People did not claim fully, yet you call their claim by asking for proof of "fully", which is not what they claimed.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
Already done buddy.

On a side note, I legitimately think that the DSTWO has the power to do N64 emulation at least a little worse than the PSP does it but the interest vs amount of work it would take probably isn't there. Even on that really bad port of Dingux to the DSTWO there are PSX games that playable at about 4 frameskip.

So what? That page proves nothing. In fact nothing has been proven in terms of 3DS hacking yet. The best proof we have is that picture that says its been hacked, which as I said I'm starting to doubt more and more.

Other than that, all I've seen are statements. And statements only go so far. As soon as I actually see a 3DS thats been truly hacked up and running, then as I said, I'll eat my words and admit I was wrong.

But again at this point, I'm not holding my breath. I really don't expect to see a hacked 3DS any time soon if ever.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stop shifting topics to the PS Vita.

---

The amount of hardware needed to simulate and emulate the systems would be just as large as the 3DS itself. Even if you think of the hardware needed in terms of the size like Arduino sized hardware, you would still need to have several of them in series or parallel. Then there is the RAM needed to process the simulation and emulation on top of the system requirements needed for a PS2 and GC. All the space needed would still be roughly the size of the portable 3DS tretta scanner.

The power requirements for this would mean such simulation and emulation would make the 3DS non-mobile as you would need a AC source to power it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When you were making stuff up for laughs yes, but not when people were talking about the actual info. People did not claim fully, yet you call their claim by asking for proof of "fully", which is not what they claimed.
Look, I included the term "fully" because it is known that the Vita is partially hacked (PSP mode). The question "you claim that the PS Vita has been hacked" (notice the missing "fully") would have been pointless because everybody can answer the question with a yes due to the PSP mode hacks. Including the term "fully" gives the question its point (Vita mode hacks).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Look, I included the term "fully" because it is known that the Vita is partially hacked (PSP mode). The question "you claim that the PS Vita has been hacked" (notice the missing "fully") would have been pointless because everybody can answer the question with a yes due to the PSP mode hacks. Including the term "fully" gives the question its point (Vita mode hacks).
There is a vita-mode hack, but it's not to the point of a distributed softmod and homebrew creation tools.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways as far as the topic goes, Flashcarts would most likely not allow the 3ds to play gamecube or ps2 games, the n64/ps1 era is a better goal.
And as far as the use of flashcarts in the future, we can't be sure, the hardware in a flashcart might actually be required for the hack similar to a modchip. Or we may get a really awesome softmod that doesn't need flashcarts but they may still be offered as additional memory and possibly additional system resources like the ds2's built in processor or the ez1in3 ram expansion that some homebrew used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ