Hacking After the 3DS inevitably gets hacked, what if there was flash cards with processorsrs built-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nyko power pack, baby. Plus, just plug into a wall, I'd do that if it means I could play ps1 on 3ds. God damn Legend of Dragoon and Castlevania SOTN shit yeah.

I want the 3DS hacked as much as the next guy, but damn, if your goal is PSX games on a handheld, just get a PSP already.

Reactions: Rydian

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I want the 3DS hacked as much as the next guy, but damn, if your goal is PSX games on a handheld, just get a PSP already.
Why should I have to buy a whole new console? Also, who ever said it was my goal? LOL. It would be nice to see/have. GBATemp: interest in two games from ps1 on 3DS constitutes goals...:rofl2: come on now. Sorry to break it to you but that wasn't the purpose of me buying a 3DS, the thing isn't even hacked to a usable degree yet.
lol you guys are really serious.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Why should I have to buy a whole new console? Also, who ever said it was my goal? LOL. It would be nice to see/have. GBATemp: interest in two games from ps1 on 3DS constitutes goals...:rofl2: come on now. Sorry to break it to you but that wasn't the purpose of me buying a 3DS, the thing isn't even hacked to a usable degree yet.
lol you guys are really serious.
"You suggested a way for me to do what said I want to do YOU GUYS SUCK".

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"You suggested a way for me to do what said I want to do YOU GUYS SUCK".
But you guys do suck. :wub:

Anyway if you're really curious, it would be a whole lot more interesting to see homebrew that hacks the camera, gyros, IR and the like, but I'm sure that's just me preaching to the choir... What if homebrew made some kinda AR card game? Emulators are just novelty at that point. I've played those 2 games I mentioned before, but seeing them run on 3DS hardware? That wouldn't be interesting? lol (or any PS1 game? sue me if I picked ones I like that I'd probably play on the go)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sort of like how some DS flash cards have a built-in CPU to enable GBA emulation, would it be possible for 3DS flash cards to have built-in CPUs to enable emulation of systems like the PS2 or Gamecube?
In a real-case scenario, the only CPU which would be able to do that would be an ARM based chip, which aren't able (and won't be for at least another 2-3 years) to emulate PS2 or GC at decent speeds.

Dolphin works at 1 firmrate on the galaxy 3. They said the first phone to be able to run it at 28-30 would possible be the galaxy 4 and devices = to it's overall processing power.
The S4 isn't that much of an improvement over the S3 in real-life numbers. It'd only get you 5-10 fps max.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like how Sony learned from the PS2 and with the PS2 learned from the PS1?

Time keeps moving forward!

Indeed, the ps3 was considerably more complicated to hack than the ps1 and ps2, and its my understanding that the ps3 wouldn't have been hacked had Sony not overlooked one minute security flaw.

But hey, it would be cool if it truly could be hacked, I just don't see it happening, though I'd really love to be wrong.

Reactions: Deleted User

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
DStwo not only emulated GBA/SNES but enabled real time menu and saving. 3DS has pretty good hardware to emulate both GBA/SNES (maybe) and has menu via home button so it shouldn't be hard to use that or custom one (again: maybe). As 3DS isn't hacked (or is hacked but hack not released, this is getting annoying...) we don't know but theoretically it should perform little better from PSP so N64 emulation could actually happen. Does it run 10 or 60 fps is differend story.

2D console emulation doesn't matter that much becouse on higher resolution pixels just get bigger but 3D games vectors can be scaled, get better FPS, HD textures and every PC runs atleas N64 and PSX emulators these days so it would seem just pretty cool feature but almost nobody would actually use it.

...but then another question for OPs question: if there's free CFW type hacking option then why would people try to get extra CPU flashcard just for N64 emulation or other not-so-important stuff? It's already pretty hard to get hands on regular DS cards and prices are over doubled nowdays!

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DStwo not only emulated GBA/SNES but enabled real time menu and saving. 3DS has pretty good hardware to emulate both GBA/SNES (maybe) and has menu via home button so it shouldn't be hard to use that or custom one (again: maybe). As 3DS isn't hacked (or is hacked but hack not released, this is getting annoying...) we don't know but theoretically it should perform little better from PSP so N64 emulation could actually happen. Does it run 10 or 60 fps is differend story.

I feel like a broken machine.

THE DSTWO DOES PSX EMULATION, AND EVEN AN UNFINISHED EMULATOR THOUGH A SLOPPY PORT OF A DIFFERENT SYSTEM CAN DO 10-20 FPS(not all games).

Just the old 2005 DS is capable of better PSX emulation,and with higher clock speeds but less hardware access than the PSP I will even daresay that mediocre N64 emulation is possible through the DSTWO. The 3DS is more than enough to handle either of these.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have fully hacked the PS Vita. But I won't share my hack. Does this make the Vita hacked?

Technically speaking yes it does.

Ok, so you claim the PS Vita has been fully hacked?

No WiiUBricker, you claimed the PS Vita had been fully hacked when you claimed you had fully hacked it.

If you fully hacked the PS Vita (which you claimed you had) , then yes, it would be fully hacked. Stop twisting the argument.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I feel like a broken machine.

THE DSTWO DOES PSX EMULATION, AND EVEN AN UNFINISHED EMULATOR THOUGH A SLOPPY PORT OF A DIFFERENT SYSTEM CAN DO 10-20 FPS(not all games).

Just the old 2005 DS is capable of better PSX emulation,and with higher clock speeds but less hardware access than the PSP I will even daresay that mediocre N64 emulation is possible through the DSTWO. The 3DS is more than enough to handle either of these.
Wait... have I missed something or did you just say DStwo can play PSX games?
But yeah PSX and N64 should be possible when 3DS is hacked, NGC and PS2 not so much.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The S4 isn't that much of an improvement over the S3 in real-life numbers. It'd only get you 5-10 fps max.
currently the problem isnt really the cpu/gpu but the lacking of opengls 3.0 support.
so its kinda questionable if the s4 can run at all since opengls 3.0 isnt really included in the gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.