Hacking After installing menuhax

Mai85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Hello!! After finally (about 3 hours of trial and error, I know, I'm an idiot.) I installed menuhax on my 10.3... Now what to do? There is a lot of information but it is contradictory, I heard that the downgrade using sysupdater but I also heard that doing so could result in an incomplete downgrade (with some of the files from 10.3 & 9.6 still there.)

Then again, I feel pressed by time since if it soft bricks during downgrade later on, and 10.4 is released, only way to repair is by updating to 10.4, effectively... Negating the point there :s

Any... Help would be much appreciated!

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello Hello!! After finally (about 3 hours of trial and error, I know, I'm an idiot.) I installed menuhax on my 10.3... Now what to do? There is a lot of information but it is contradictory, I heard that the downgrade using sysupdater but I also heard that doing so could result in an incomplete downgrade (with some of the files from 10.3 & 9.6 still there.)
Then again, I feel pressed by time since if it soft bricks during downgrade later on, and 10.4 is released, only way to repair is by updating to 10.4, effectively... Negating the point there :s
Any... Help would be much appreciated!
1.Find the sysupdater for downgrading on a reddit page. TuxSH removed his repo.
2.You need to have a full 9.2/9.0 update pack from that site. If the pack is incomplete, some titles would be still of high version.
sorry for the name. Site domain mainly consists of this console name and ISO.
3.The left titles from 9.3+ only versions, fortunately, does not harm the system too much. BTW you can remove those with FBI if you dare and know what to remove.
4.Downgrading is not that risky now, but nobody can promise it must succeed. A hard-mod is always good for them.. With hard-mod you can have a 10.3 SysNAND backup and no worry about bricking it or ninty update of 10.4, you can try downgrading unlimited times until the success and backup of 9.2/9.0.

Last edited by Syphurith, , Reason: name should not mention

Mai85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You lost me at hard mod, thanks for the answer!

How do I know if it's a full upgrade?...

Also, I saw that the gateway is going to support 10.3, what if I upgrade both the 3DS XL & the N3DS to 10.3, then wait for the gateway? Would that be feasible?:/ I heard that there would be a safer way of downgrading by then...

My only experience of downgrading & CFW is back from when I had a PSP actually so...

Edit : Also somehow I'm not very reassured to be taking the sysupdater from a reddit page... @.@

Last edited by Mai85,

Mai85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried it, while making sure that the MD5 was the right one.

titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

But... I constantly get this. (I'm on a mac.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither